Anyone know what low hgc levels could mean?

Minipooh

Reaction score
I'm at 13dpo and AF is due tomorrow. Had some very strong pregnancy symptoms that have never happened to me before.

I've been testing with superdrug hpts and these are known to be very sensitive needing only 10mi to detect pregnancy. All have come back BPN.

Now of course it could very likely mean I'm not pregnant!! But with the things I'm experiencing I really do feel 'something' has gone on in my body.

So IF I were pregnant but at 13dpo my hcg levels are below 10.....is this bad?? Does this mean I'm likely to get a chemical or miscarriage?

I just don't understand how my hormones are having such strong effects on my body right now (constant sore, erect & tingling nipples, nausea etc) but are not high enough to show on the most sensitive of tests.

Just interested to know if anyone has any scientific info or past experience with low hcg levels.

I bet AF turns up when I'm reading this!

I just don't understand how my hormones are having such strong effects on my body right now (constant sore, erect & tingling nipples, nausea etc) but are not high enough to show on the most sensitive of tests.

Whilst low hCG can be normal and can also signify impending miscarriage/ectopic pregnancy, the actual symptoms you describe are due to progesterone, which is what causes PMS and early pregnancy symptoms. hCG feeds back to the corpus luteum to keep churning out progesterone to maintain the endometrium to ensure pregnancy continues. The symptoms of early pregnancy aren't entirely due to hCG in of itself, more that it causes lots of other hormones to keep being released that then cause us to feel sick/constipated/have bad backs/sore bbs.

However, the corpus luteum can also sometimes malfunction and churn out progesterone anyway despite no hCG, giving you all the symptoms (including late AF) without actually being pregnant. I'm pretty sure that's what's happening to me right now (I'm 15 days late / 31 dpo).

But in your case, you're only 13 dpo. Some people don't get their bfp until a week after AF is late and go on to have H&H 9 months - even if they test with the ultrasensitive tests.

It's easy to say but if I were you I'd try to relax and not test again until AF is at least a day late, otherwise you're just going to drive yourself mad. Good luck!

Just to reassure you, I have never had PMS until this month (I'm 31), and I currently have every symptom in the book: nausea, back pain, constipation, sore and erect nipples, headache, nasal congestion, extreme fatigue... I wasn't even TTC! I've also never had my AF arrive late.

What I'm trying to say is that sometimes our body messes with us for no apparent reason; if AF does arrive for you it doesn't mean you've had a chemical, and you shouldn't be hard on yourself - it might just be that your body is messing with you this month. It seems to happen a lot, especially for people actively TTC, but there's a lot of support on this site - trust me, you're not going through the 2WW madness alone!

Thanks! Really helpful replies!

I always promised myself I would be really relaxed about it all when I started ttc.......ha!!! Yeah right! I've turned into a crazy woman. But it does help to know I'm not alone :)

It's only our 2nd month of ttc (god help me if it's a long haul) and I just feel so angry that my body is messing with me this month of all months! Why now!? Why have the past two years been light symptom free periods....except the month I ttc.

Will hold off from testing (or at least try).

AF should be here in next 24 hours x

I always promised myself I would be really relaxed about it all when I started ttc.......ha!!! Yeah right! I've turned into a crazy woman. But it does help to know I'm not alone :)

Hehe! Tell me about it - I wasn't even trying to get pregnant and I've turned into a crazy person! It's gone from being something I never think about to something that's constantly on my mind. To the point that now I just want to start having babies and be done with it.

Ah well, no chance of that happening until my cycle resets itself...

With my last child, my levels were low. I was told that it was low and not doubling as it should so prepare for a miscarriage. He's 4 now. There's a huge range of "normal" at these early phases. Not to mention that implantation times range a pretty good amount too. So if you implant on the later side, it wouldn't have time to show good by now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->