Anyone know what this means? Re: U/S Measurement

Fit_Mama2Be

Reaction score
I went in for a dating scan over 3 weeks ago. The tech gave me 2 pictures of Baby to take home - both have crown to rump length measurements but they are different. One says 7 w 0 days and the other says 7 w 2 days.

I saw my doctor the other day and asked her which one showed how far along I was, and she said it was the one showing me at 7 w 0 days (and yes there is only 1 baby in there).

Silly me, I didn't think to ask her for clarification, and now I'm wondering why my baby had 2 different crown to rump measurements. :shrug: Anyone know?

Thanks in advance!

Did they do one abdominally then a transvag?

I think it could be that when they did the 2nd measurement, when they clicked (or pushed the button) for the measurement to begin and then clicked to end it (mine shows little x's) they were off a little bit. Seems to me it would be hard to get it spot on each time. Just a guess though.

I think it depends on what position they are seeing the baby from? At first we were looking at the baby from the top or bottom (i can't tell) and baby was measuring 8 weeks 5 days....then she repositioned so we could see baby better and it was measuring at 9 weeks 2 days like it should have. So I wouldn't worry....I also had a transvaginal one done and I believe they are a lot more accurate when you're so early in pregnancy.

Its nothing to worry about. Sometimes baby will measure slightly bigger or smaller depending on how the probe is placed on your stomach plus the sonographer won't have placed the measurement crosses in exactly the same places both times. x

That's very close--I wouldn't worry. Just like with any technology it can be off by a smidge. ;) A transvaginal is slightly more accurate with dating if I remember correctly, so if you had abdominal it stands to reason that it could be a day or two different.

Thanks Ladies, I'm sure that's what it is. I looked again and see that Baby is at a straighter angle in the accurate one and more diagonal in the other so that makes sense. :)

Considering I had no idea how far along I was and turned out to be exactly 7 weeks I'm just grateful I was able to see the heartbeat and Baby on an abdominal u/s.

They often take the best or average of 3 measurements. It's quite often slightly different each time. My 12 scan with this one was measuring ahead of my dates so we went with the smallest measurement of the 4 she took :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->