anyone know what to expect after a lap/D&C?

lioness168

Mum to 2 beautiful girls
Reaction score
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone knew how long it took to get your cycle back to normal after a lap/D&C. I had my lap mid cycle and bled for a week afterwards, now I am due I am :witch: free. Is this normal. I am due to start Clomid and do not know what to do. I am guessing I am not able to take it until :witch: arrives for sure. I do not know what to expect cycle wise after the procedure. Can anyone shed some light on the topic...please :) ?

hiya, i had mine a couple of mths ago. The hospital said to expect to have a slight bleed afterwards but said it shouldnt affect my cycle. Maybe yr just having an extra long cycle this mth.

I'm staring chlomid nxt mth too. Good luck with it - sorry I couldnt be more help x

Thanks kstan, I appreciate your reply. I have been tempted to take my Clomid as it would normally be day 3 now, but have held off not knowing whats happening with the :witch: and didn't want to stuff things up. I'll keep my eye on things, hope it comes back sooner than later, fingers crossed.

How's you tcc journey going? When did the FS say to take your Clomid, I will be CD2 - 6.

Have you tried metformin? They really sorted my cycles out..that and a combination of weekly accupuncture. I swear by accupuncture!

Not sure when I need to take my chlomid. My appt is in 2 weeks so they'll let me know then but to be honest I always do my own research on net and prescribe my own daily drug intake!!!!

My cycles are usually fairly regular, the D&C seems to have thrown me out. Is Metformin usually prescribed by a Dr? I worry about taking the Comid without the visual appearance of the :witch: in case I do more harm to my cycles than good. Can taking it without the visual appearance be of the :witch: be bad? I guess I can use this time to allow my body to heal and recover post op anyway.

Let me know how you go. If you find anything out that may be beneficial I am all ears/eyes ... hehehe.

Hope your appt with your FS goes well, fingers crossed :hugs:

Yeh, my consultant gave me metformin cos I have PCOS. It's normally the 1st thing they give you to get cycles back to normal.

Probably a good idea to wait for AF before starting clomid. Have you BD since having yr investigation? I know that you have a higher chance of conceiving after it - that's what I was told by the docs and what I've read x

I guess he didn't put me on metformin as I usually ovulate on my own, I think the D&C/lap has altered where I am or I had nothing left to bleed after my op due to the post op 6 day post bleed. We haven't BD since as I have been resting and also didn't know where in my cycle I was. I am not sure what to do.

So there is a higher chance of conceiving after the lap? How long is the window for...any idea? Thank you for your help :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->