Anyone know?

hairftsher

Reaction score
So I met my ob for the first time today. (Crazy that you don't meet them until this far along) / I had my thyroid checked when I first got pregnant & everything was fine but she's sending me to check on it again? Along with a CBC & a urinalysis. A urinalysis I understsnd, as I had +1 protein. Does anybody know is thyroid is linked to Pre E? Or maybe it's because I still weigh 2 pounds less than my original pregnancy weight?
I didn't ask because I felt rushed & it was my first time meeting but now I'm curious about the thyroid.

I had severe pre-E and all they checked was my pee, CBC and liver enzymes or something liver related, no thyroid. I had gained plenty though, 33lbs in 33 weeks.

Hey, why is this the first meet? Just curious

I have a thyroid issue but so far nothing else related to pre e. I don't think its related, but they caught mine at 7 weeks and dealt with it due to thyroid issues being linked to issues with baby's brain development.

It's just how it's donehere in northern Alberta! They don't sctually deliver the baby either. It's whoever is on call at the hospital that day. It's kinda unfortunate.

I have a thyroid issue but so far nothing else related to pre e. I don't think its related, but they caught mine at 7 weeks and dealt with it due to thyroid issues being linked to issues with baby's brain development.

I found it odd as mine checked out okay at the beginning of my pregnancy. But I guess I'll just have to ask at my follow up.

It's just how it's donehere in northern Alberta! They don't sctually deliver the baby either. It's whoever is on call at the hospital that day. It's kinda unfortunate.

oh wow, thats interesting. I know here in the states they have it where you may see a series of doctors, then deliver with whoever is on call. I go to a two doctor practice and I see the same doc every time, she will deliver me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->