Anyone late 30's and WTT

WIN79

Reaction score
I am 37 in July and my OH has finally come round to the idea of trying for a baby, although he would like to wait till August (he has a tablet review) and I have to have in board so have accepted that although its already killing me. I am so worried about my age.

I don't know if I would say I'm late 30's just yet, but I'm 35 and will be turning 36 as we start to try. We have 3 year old already though. I think I have some advantage maybe that I know I got pregnant easily and quickly with her at 31, so I'm not too worried. But I do think there is a different pressure to get it done with and not wait too long. One of my close friends got pregnant at 39 with her first without any trouble, and I do think it happens more easily than not, but people don't talk about it. We'll be TTC again in October.

Hey there, I am in my 30s and worry about my age too but I keep thinking if i am healthy I will hopefully be ok but won't know until i start trying

I'll be 34 when we try, and that will be my first. OH seems to think as his ex got pregnant quickly with his other kids we'll not have any issues. He didn't quite see why I found that comment insensitive! Lol. I am worried being 'older' (although I still feel in my 20's!), but I've recently read that the fertility data they use to show your chances of conceiving at different ages is from about 200 years ago! Obviously not everything you read on the internet is true, so hard to know what to believe! Xx

Jean Twenge, a psychologist at San Diego State University in the US, was 34, recently remarried, and looking to start a family, when she heard it from her doctor.
"That was very frightening to me, as it is to many women who are in their 30s," she says.
Confronted with those odds, she wanted to find out where the statistic had come from. And she discovered something quite amazing.
"The data on which that statistic is based is from 1700s France. They put together all these church birth records and then came up with these statistics about how likely it was [someone would] get pregnant after certain ages."
These are women who had no access to modern healthcare, nutrition or even electricity. Why would any researcher think they can tell us something useful about modern-day fertility? ...
... But there are some studies which have looked at modern couples, and these do paint a rather different picture.
The most widely cited is a paper by David Dunson published in 2004, which found that 82% of women aged between 35 and 39 fell pregnant within a year. That's significantly better than the two-thirds chance drawn from the 300-year-old birth records.
Taken from https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24128176

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->