Anyone make cakes?

Eternal

Three boys!
Reaction score
I'm thinking of making a cake for my kids birthdays, I have an idea in mind, lol.

I want it to be a two layer cake, I have bought the tins and ore coloured icing etc, and the decorations, just not sure how I should make the cake, will any cake work? Or has it got to be certain cakes if there is going to be a lot of weight on top?

I do no bake, lol. So this is going to be investing.

Any cake is fine.

if you are looking for a recipe, this one is amazing https://allrecipes.com/recipe/one-bowl-chocolate-cake-iii/

good luck!

I use the recipe below. It will make 36 cupcakes or three layers at 7 inch and 12 cupcakes or 2 layers at 9 inch and 12 cupcakes.

To make a plain cake, just take out the cocoa and red food colouring and to make a chocolate cake, don't add the food colouring. You can also change the vanilla essence to almond, orange or anything else you want really. It makes the most delicious, moist cake I have ever tasted. And low in calories too.

Red Velvet Cupcakes (36)

Ingredients
Cake
250g butter, softened
600g caster sugar
6 eggs
2 tbsp red food colouring
3 tbsp cocoa powder
375g plain flour
250ml buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp salt
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tbsp white vinegar
Icing
400g cream cheese
350g white chocolate
250g butter, softened

Preparation method
1) Preheat oven to 170.
2) In a large bowl, cream 250g butter with sugar.
3) Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4) Add cocoa to mixture followed by food colouring.
5) Add flour alternately with buttermilk.
6) Add vanilla and salt.
7) Mix bicarbonate of soda with vinegar, and gently stir into mixture. Be careful not to over mix.
8) Divide cake mixture cake tins/muffin cases and bake in the preheated oven for 2 minutes. Allow to cool.

1) Melt the white chocolate and allow to cool to lukewarm.
2) Beat butter until soft, mix in cream cheese and then the chocolate.
3) Place evenly in cakes and decorate.

I use the recipe my aunt taught me for sponge cakes, she made the best cakes ever! All you do is weigh two or three eggs, then add equal weight in sugar, margarine and self raising flour. It works best if you mix the marge and sugar first then add one egg and a bit of flour until all the eggs are gone then just add the rest of the flour. You can substitute 1oz of flour for coca powder. I also add mashed banana or sliced cooking apple to make fruity cakes. I make a LOT of cakes!

i also just crack eggs & weigh them then add equal weight in flour, butter & sugar.. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->