Anyone NOT enjoy a waterbirth?

rotts05

Reaction score
Were expecting baby number 3 in 2 weeks. With my first 2 labours i had hoped for a water birth, i had high bp first time round so they wouldn't let me in and last time it was all too fast, the water was running but i was pushing :dohh:
So im hoping i can get in the pool this time. I wondered if anyone has not particularly enjoyed a water birth?
I know its still going to hurt like hell but just wondered if it does really help?

I laboured in the water with my daughter and I was like a different person to before I had got in, so much so if I don't get the pool this time I will be tearing my hair out I'm sure! Lol! I'm yet to encounter someone who has not enjoyed a water birth! Xxx

I loved my two water births. ...i can't imagine giving birth on land! :lol:

Ooooh reading those replies has made me even more determined to have one!

I'm so desperate for a water birth hope all goes ok so I can have one! Good luck x

With my last 2 deliveries I laboured in the tub but when it came time to push I wanted out. I'm not sure why. I'm planning to try for a water birth again but I will go with what feels right when the time comes.

I'm pushing for one - thankfully I have a really great midwife who totally understands why I want one, only bar for me is GBS and antibiotics, so she is going to see if there is a way to get the antibiotics done, then move me to where the pools are - will hopefully know on Monday if it's viable :)

Good luck to everyone else hoping for a water birth :)

Providing my Bp stays down there's nothing stopping me, unless of course he comes as quick as his big brother!
This will be our last 1 so id love to finally get a water birth!

I really want to have one, I think it will help me stay relaxed and swishing the water about might help distract me. Sadly my local hospital only has 3 birthing pools out of 10 rooms so I hope I get one!

I had a water birth and loved it, will be really sad if I don't get one this time :(

See i want one so badly now! I had hoped someone might come and say "nah theyre not all that good" so i wouldn't feel like I've missed out if i don't get one this time :)

Everyone I know who's had them swear by them. But I don't like baths that much (I know, I know, I'm a freak!) and hate the idea of being all wet and slippery so not opting for one cos I want to feel as comfortable as I can and dont in baths etc. But kinda wish I wasn't like this as heard such good things about them.

See i want one so badly now! I had hoped someone might come and say "nah theyre not all that good" so i wouldn't feel like I've missed out if i don't get one this time :)

That's what I was hoping to see when I clicked on this thread :haha: I have my heart set on a water birth and I think I'll be absolutely gutted if I don't get one :(

Fingers crossed we all get our water babies :D xx

I've had my heart set on a water birth for a long time. Had hospital your last week and got to see a room with a birth pool which made me want one even more.

But there's only 2 rooms in my hospital that have a pool, and I will be really upset if I don't get one!

I don't like baths, prefer showers, I only swim for exercise but still prefer other sports, and I find water births awkward. I think I would be very uncomfortable flopping like a fish in a tub while giving birth. I know so many people who love them but they are those who actually love baths too. nah... not for me.

I don't like baths, prefer showers, I only swim for exercise but still prefer other sports, and I find water births awkward. I think I would be very uncomfortable flopping like a fish in a tub while giving birth. I know so many people who love them but they are those who actually love baths too. nah... not for me.

I prefer showers and rarely ever have a bath, but I had a water birth with DS2 and it was amazing and I loved it, I am really hoping I get another water birth this time round!

LOVED my waterbirth! I can't imagine giving birth on dry land. Mind you, I'm not one to take baths very often, but it does not feel like you're 'flopping around like a fish'. You have a nice amount of control while in the water and it feels amazing! Also, there's nothing quite like catching your baby and pulling him/her up to you for the first time. :thumbup:

I have no experience but a friend of mine had a water birth the 1st time and then didn't bother the 2nd time as she said filling the pool and clearing afterwards was too much of a pain in the arse..... she just had a bath right up until the pushing stage x

It doesn't appeal to me midwife keeps saying I may not be able to have a wb with my sixth baby and so I should give it a go but it just doesn't bother me to be honest. My SIL had her heart set on a water birth with her eldest so much so that she had her baby at a different hospital at the last minute as her usual hospital had no pools available, but when she got in the water she just didn't feel comfortable at all and got out almost right away. You honestly never know how you will feel in labour or what will suit you xx

I agree with summer rain, don't think you know till you try it! With my dd 1 I got in the bath at home before going to hospital, I hated it every contractions I was like get me out. But with dd 2 I ended up having a water birth and loved it, I was offered it when been taken to delivery an I said I would give it a go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->