Anyone not gain as much weigh for their second pregnancy?

sandilion

Reaction score
I am so so clucky, but Im not ready to start TTC until i have lost at least another 10 kilos. I am already 5 kilos under my pre preg weight, but i really piled on the weight, and absolutely terrified ill get rally big again and back to square one. This baby weight hasn't been as easy to lose as i thought it would be :(

Is it possible to not gain as much weight?

I gained 2lbs with my first (to 27 weeks) and 28lbs with my twins. I've had to follow the GD diet from the beginning though.

I gained two stone when i was pregnant but all that weight was in the last 14 weeks. I had really bad morning sickness for the first 6 months so didn't gain anything then.

It's all about cravings though, in the last few weeks I would often sit down and eat a packet of biscuits or a whole pizza and think nothing of it.

I think if you fill up on healthier alternatives such as fruit, veg, soups, breadsticks and houmous etc then obviously weight gain wouldn't be as noticeable. But it is easier said than done!

I really struggled to get the weight off first time round, i put on roughly 3 stone. I've put on around 2 this time which I think is a big improvement. I think I am carrying quite a bit of water weight this time too so am more confident about getting the weight off afterwards. It's definitely possible!

I put on about 30 kilos with my last pregnancy.. :(

Its been hard work getting it all off!!

Terrified it'll happen again. :( I did eat a LOT though. This time round I will have healthier eating habits so hopefully that will help.

I don't weigh myself, I was heavier at the start of this pregnancy than I was with my first (that's the only time I allow myself to be weighed, I'm a healthy BMI not in denial lol I just don't think weight tells us much, so long as I fit in my clothes I won't obsess about numbers) and I would say I've probably put on about the same, whatever that is lol, I am very lucky in that both times I have been all bump, I haven't even bought maternity clothes this time I just wear maternity trousers from my last pregnancy and baggy tops, my legs and arms etc look the same, my face is just a bit puffy lol. Still got a couple weeks to go though of course, I am hoping BF will take care of it like it did last time, but we'll see, so for me I would say it has been the same so far.

I put on around 2-3 stone first time, then with my second i was at my pre preg weight 2 weeks after i had her. It's do-able. I can't give any tips really as its something that happened with out me noticing. x

Definitely possible. I think the reason I didn't put too much on in second pregnancy was due to having another child to run around after!

I'm not sure, I was larger this time to start with, I had been loosing weight for about a year before hand and had just got my bmi down to 24.2 lol! with my last pregnancy I had almost no bump or weight gain, and was back in my size 8's the next day I dno if being 19 had anything to do with it lol...

It's totally possible! With DD I was 12st5lb when I got pregnant and 14st just before I had her. With DS2 I was 11st9lb at the start and I weighed 12st5lb last week. As of today I'm 11st9lb again, although I have obviously skipped those last weeks where you gain more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->