Anyone NOT get vaccines during pregnancy?

I didn't have any vaccines in my last pregnancy and I'm not having any this time either. I'm really confident with the decision -- don't feel guilty!
DH actually had the flu last month and both of us (and DD) took an anti-viral echinacea oil, extra vitamin D, and vitamin C. DH was better within 2 days and DD and I didn't get sick at all. None of us do the flu shot.

Whew! Glad I'm not the only one! I was beginning to feel like I was, and that made me second guess my decisions..... Definitely been loading myself and my family up with extra vitamins and cooking with lots of good ingredients to ward off viruses and infections ..... Lots of garlic, lemon, and vitamin C over here! Lol

I asked my midwife about vaccines and she said if you normally get the flu shot, get it, but if you don't then you don't have to bother. I haven't gotten any shots (just lots of blood taken, lol), and I probably won't, either. If the pertussis vaccine is offered to me after pregnancy I will most likely have that, and I think my husband would, too.

the whole reason pertussis/whooping cough vaccine is being pushed is because of people NOT vaccinating and this is causing the illness to make a huge comeback (in the US anyway). There is research, otherwise they would not be FDA approved, and I have seen first hand infants who are ill with the flu or pertussis and it is heart wrenching to watch them struggle to breathe, be on ventilators to breathe in NICU, or worse...die.
I would never forgive myself for putting my baby at risk over something that could be prevented through my choice and actions.

I have not been offered her, have not and will not get any. I have only received one vaccine in my lifetime. Have not had any "vaccine' diseases (except chicken pox, which is not even vaccinated for in the UK), or the flu. Actually the flu shot this year is particularly ineffective.

And plenty of vaccinated people get and spread pertussis, not just unvaccinated people.

Thanks for the input and valid points ladies ! Today at my dr apt the nurse kept pushing the dtap on me, she thought I was being rediculous worrying about the shot..... I left without the shot .... But it was quite bothersome! :/

I have been told I can have the whooping cough (pertussis) vaccine from 28 weeks, but I will be declining.

The research I have done about getting this vaccine while pregnant states that there is no solid evidence that the antibodies cross over and provide protection to the baby, and we won't be out and about a lot during the newborn period so I don't feel that it's necessary :)

I'm not. I've never had the flu vaccine and I don't plan to start now. I also didn't get the whooping cough vaccine until literally right after my son was born in the hospital. I do plan to do that again this time. I will get it right after this baby is born.

Way to stay strong! I'm annoyed with the nurse who laughed at my legit valid points and reasonings against them.... My Son had a severe allergic reaction to dtap that put him in the hospital.... No thanks ! I don't need that for me or baby , especially while I'm pregnant ..... On top of getting shots my last pregnancy and my son was born with multiple health issues involving surgeries and numerous hospital visits and being sedated 12 times by a yr old.... Where I had no shots with my 1st son and he has never had a single health issue besides a cold..... I feel that stands for itself right there

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->