Anyone not have a honeymoon/not planning a honeymoon?

spunky84

TTC #4
Reaction score
DH and I got married at the end of November - it was small wedding. We had just bought a house & his family is huge (FIL is 1 of 11 and MIL is 1 of 7), so the wedding we originally planned was just way too out of budget.

Because of buying house and wedding, we had to put the honeymoon off. We decided we'd go in May. Not a problem; weather would be nicer anyway.

We booked our hotel at Shenandoah State Park for 3 nights - kind of a honeymoon/babymoon. I really didn't care what we did there, if anything - just wanted to have a mini vacation/honeymoon. Any honeymoon I would have really wanted was out of budget, so this was realistically our best option, and I'm okay with that. Plus it'd be fun. And it'd run us about $1000 (for everything).

We decided in January that we'd go there. Decided we'd book in February, but once it came time to book, DH decided that we shouldn't go. I was pretty upset about not having a honeymoon. In the end, since our finances are separate and I was paying for the accommodations, I decided I was going because I need a vacation - with or without him.

Then he decided we could do it and even encouraged me to book an extra night. So then I booked everything.

Now, a few weeks ago, DH again said that we shouldn't go - like he seriously just does not want to go on a honeymoon. The following day we found out that our prenatal care payments had to be paid in full by delivery (their system had an error which caused a delay in us finding this out) - we have that all sorted (by the following day, actually) and really is not going to be a huge financial burden - it should have no affect on our trip (as I was able to budget it in), but he still doesn't want to go.

So now I have to call and cancel our reservation. I don't even know what to tell them for my reason.

I'm not going to lie, I'm very bummed about this. I can understand if he was worried purely from a financial aspect, but he's been dragging his feet on having a honeymoon even before that.

I know that this will sound lame and immature, but both of his sisters had nice honeymoons - one went to Hawaii and the other went to Florida (both for at least a week - they were able to because they had their weddings paid for, we paid everything ourselves). All I'm asking for is a 3 day weekend to anywhere - even if we rented a cabin by the lake. I don't care what it is, but I just want to get away, just the 2 of us. We've never had a vacation, and I feel like with LO on the way, it's important that we do this because once LO is here, we're not going anywhere for a long time. Even if he changed his mind about our current plans and opted for something closer & cheaper - I just want to get away for a weekend. I think we need it.

Did anyone not have a honeymoon and regret it? Anyone not planning one?

For anyone who can't afford much, what did you end up doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->