Anyone on a single £18k wage? Tax credits?

emyandpotato

Reaction score
How much do you get in tax credits at this wage? Entitled To and HMRC are giving different answers. Just trying to work out finances.

ETA I know some people don't agree with needing tax credits but please don't be mean because I'm feeling a little bit fragile today! I do work currently and will be looking in our new area, and am a full time student, just right now this is what we're on and have to make the best of it. :blush:

How much do you get in tax credits at this wage? Entitled To and HMRC are giving different answers. Just trying to work out finances.

ETA I know some people don't agree with needing tax credits but please don't be mean because I'm feeling a little bit fragile today! I do work currently and will be looking in our new area, and am a full time student, just right now this is what we're on and have to make the best of it. :blush:

We receive HB and about £400 ctc but I don't believe you ate entitled to wtc on that amount

Hth x

I don't get CTC/WTC so can't help but just wanted to say please don't give yourself a hard time over claiming some financial help.

The benefits system is there to support people in times of need and this is your time. It won't be forever and you and your husband will ultimately contribute far more than you receive x

I agree with pp. We claim tax credits. We wouldnt get by without them but I work full time and DH is studying with the NHS. The cost of livingis constantly increaseing but wages just dont reflect that at the moment. I dont know how much we get but dont put yourself down over it.

The HMRC calculator is the most accurate, just remember to calculate the amount they give you by the number of weeks left in the tax year to get the amount you would get each week. You can tell them this years predicted income if it is lower than last year. Don't give yourself a hard time xx

Our earnings are around the £19000 mark for 2013/2014 and we get £155 a week for 3 children.
Next year our income will go down to around 17300 and we will get £170 a week.. If our situation doesn't change before then.
I don't think anyone should judge. There are so many people that get tax credits. It is a lifeline for people on low wages.

Xxx

Im a single parent, 3 children on £17000 and I get £379 a week hun and £484 a month HB. xx

I estimated our income this year at £19k because I'm on maternity leave and we get £35 a week CTC :)

Im a single parent, 3 children on £17000 and I get £379 a week hun and £484 a month HB. xx

I am surprised at the HB! Also gonna be in Yorkshire and we don't qualify at all, though only one child so I guess that's the difference. Thanks!

Jonny earns £18000 last year, we had £107 child tax credits per week.

Also £27 off of our rent, but it's a council house so you would get more privately renting.

No help with council tax, or working tax credits. You will also have to pay for dentist/doctors prescriptions. :)

Does it vary from area to area then? HMRC website says only £200/month, and another website said £276 :shrug:

entitledto always gives me a much higher number, I think £69 a week based on our earnings and i actually get £35 a week.

That entitled to is always overly generous. It reckons we should get all sorts but we only qualify for tax credits. Always telling me about housing benefit etc... oh makes 22k and get either 82 or 86 a week on 20 we got 106.00 a week. For two kids x

OH earns around that, probably a bit less and we get £123 tax credits a week (£7 working the rest child tax with disability element on top). No HB x

I am surprised at the HB! Also gonna be in Yorkshire and we don't qualify at all, though only one child so I guess that's the difference. Thanks!

My rent is £745 a month and I'm entitled to £121 a week towards it. We're only entitled to claim for a 3 bed, but I rent a 4 bed. x

Entitled too was less than I actually get, and the CTC website has always been right for me. i also get Free prescriptions x

£379 a week tax credits, thats double my wage and i work 25hrs.

Holy shit....you get nearly £20k a year purely from tax credits?
Yeah. I have a £242 a week childcare bill so I think that's why.
I just presumed this was normal. :shrug:

Hope I don't sound rude, but does it vary in different areas or anything? I'm a single Mum, two children, pay child care bills, I work full time and I do earn more but I don't even get half that amount in CTC and I'm not entitled to HB at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->