Anyone on here good with how ovulation etc works and dating?

Maidenet

Reaction score
As in the title xxx give me a wave and ill explain xx

Do you know what day you ovulated on? As long as you know when you ovulated I can get you pretty close to where you are. Of course it depends on when you implant and that is always a guessing game.

3rd October I got a negative pregnancy test a week later on the 10th I got a positive.

I had a scan two weeks ago and they guessed about 5 weeks. Two weeks later another scan measuring about 6 weeks 3 days and there was a heartbeat.

now I'm worried as I saw the post about your pregnancy should be from the day you conceived plus two weeks.

Going by the pregnancy test results and scans :/ I don't no I just feel lost atm and it's driving me insane. Xx

Do you know the date of the first day of your last period? :hugs:

No :'( possibly around the 8-12th September

If it was a little later than 12th (sounds totally possible) then your dates make complete sense. Bear in mind in the first tri scans can be a week out, it's common to measure "behind". I'm measuring 4 days behind. How long are your cycles?

Assuming a 30 day cycle you would have ovulated around 30th September..You'd only be 5dpo the first time you tested, which means the negative result makes sense...and you'd be a healthy 12dpo a week later...When you're likely to get a positive.

That means you'd have been less than 4 weeks pregnant on 10th October.

Let's assume you were 3+4. That puts your scan that said "around 5 weeks" bang on time...The difference between 5+0 and 5+4 is really variable...Some only see a sac and others see a heartbeat...Basically, they said "around 5 weeks" because they can't tell.

Which means you're now around 7 weeks pregnant, making your 6 weeks 3 days scan fine too. Remember, a week's error margin either side. 6+3 measuring scan can easily be a 7 week pregnancy.

It's very tricky to get your head around but I hope this makes sense!

Basically, because you can't be sure when you conceived, I would relax, take the scan dates as your dates as and when they come (they will always change!) and enjoy early pregnancy. A heartbeat is a massively promising sign. In fact once you've seen the heartbeat any risk drops vastly.

:hugs: I think you're anywhere between 6+3 and 7+3 right now and whichever it is, all is healthy!

Looked at from another perspective, your first positive test could have been at an early stage, say at 9dpo...That would mean you didn't ovulate until 2nd October...Putting you about 5 days behind. Perfectly possible! If that were the case you'd be around 6+3 today.

This will calm me down for now xx honestly . From the bottom of my heart thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->