Anyone planning on having RLT?

stephj25

Reaction score
With my first, I started having raspberry leaf tea from 34 weeks. I was induced at 40+12 and had a brill labour - 2 hr 17mins altogether.

I'm thinking of starting it at 32 weeks this time - anyone else?

I have been having it since around 34 weeks. How many cups a day do i need for it to have any effect?

I was having 3 cups a day from 34 weeks

MummyToAmber - how many did you have? did you start off gradually and increased the amount at 30 weeks? I know it says not to have it earlier than 30 weeks x

I was having 3 cups a day from 34 weeks

MummyToAmber - how many did you have? did you start off gradually and increased the amount at 30 weeks? I know it says not to have it earlier than 30 weeks x

Yes i did, started off at 2 cups up to 10 near DD but mainly because i loved the stuff i couldnt manage cups of normal tea anymore haha.

I drink just one cup a day in my third trimester but this time I can only seem to remember every other day, it's hard to drink tea with a toddler running around! I was induced but my labour was great.

I will be induced at 37 weeks (if i get that far) and midwife said not to start too early but reading that you all started early and increased it maybe i should begin sooner than i thought. I want to try and avoid a medical induction if i can!

I will be induced at 37 weeks (if i get that far) and midwife said not to start too early but reading that you all started early and increased it maybe i should begin sooner than i thought. I want to try and avoid a medical induction if i can!

If youve been advised not to because of a medical reason id follow that.

RLT wont bring on labour to women with problem free pregnancy.

and what were your labours like? x

1 & 2 were steady going, with gradually dilation. Pushing time 10 & 20mins, little blood loss. Uterus back down within days.

Number 3 was long latent phase of 24hrs. Intense contractions from 3cm, overall irregular. However once i got past 3cm i flew through and took 3hrs she was out in 5 pushes. Min blood loss, uterus back down nicely few hours after.

I will be drinking it again this time , I'm not sure it helped with my labour last time 28hrs, 45 minutes pushing but it also doesn't hurt to drink it anyway :)

I'm taking the tablets :) I tried the tea but it wasn't very nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->