Anyone pregnant after implant removal??

xJessie91x

Reaction score
Sorry I hope this is ok to post here. Me and my partner are ttc after I had my implant removed last Friday. I was told it was possible to conceive immediately. So I've been feeling a bit sick but worst thing is I'm getting really weird lower muscle pains. It's like when I was heavily pregnant it aches in like a upside down arch. A little like period pain. But different. Is this normal after coming off the implant? Maybe I'm just going to have a heavy bleed?
Any replies are gratefully received.

Thanks Jessica :) xx

I had the implant and immediately started TTC after removal. I had the non hormonal, copper one. I found I had stomach cramps the day it was removed but nothing after that. My next period a week later was very light! And the two periods after that were also light.

The implant made me bleed heavily each month, so I think removing it took me back to my regular cycles. As I'd not had a natural period for probably 10 years (I jumped around pills before having the coil in), I did struggle to remember exactly what my periods were like before birth control though! It worried me a bit at first!

If you had the copper coil removed before ovulation or close too ovulation, you can become pregnant immediately. So there is a chance if your cycle falls correctly :)

I had nexplanon the arm implant. Don't know wether my body is adjusting or what but it doesn't feel 'right' .. xx

I had my implant removed in October and got my bfp in November on our first cycle trying. It's definitely possible. I will say though that in the week or so after having it removed I felt like I was already pregnant but wasn't yet at that time. I think the body adjusting to the change causes weird 'symptoms'. Good luck.

Eta: those lower pains may be your body gearing up to ovulate. O definitely felt painful for me this time maybe because it was the first time in 3 years. But I had cramping for a few days before also where I thought I might get a period but got a + OPK instead!

I had my implant out on the 26th of July and feel pregnant by the end of August. So it can happen. However right after having it removed I had a lot of pregnancy type symptoms. Apparently that's pretty normal after removal though.

Good luck!

Thanks ladies I really appreciate your replies.
I guess I'm just super broody haha.
Xx

Apparently, you can get preg symptoms after removal of the hormonal implants due to low progesterone messing with your body. If your implant was providing the progesterone, your body may have become "lazy" or forgotten how to make it, and causes symptoms similar to preg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->