Anyone pregnant with other kids?

Blue_bumpkin

Love My Little Monkey :)
Reaction score
I have 2 boys one 6 and one 3. My 3 year old right now is driving me insane. I feel like tearing my hair out. He keeps tellin me he wishes i was dead. He is really stressing me out. Dont get me wrong I know hes only young but Im so tired all the time and hardly eating and wandered how other people cope? Ive no support other than my partner who i rarely see (work etc at the minute) and im just getting up to high doe on a daily basis. Hes very boistrous and does not stop going from dusk til dawn x

I have four other children (5, 3 1/2, 2 1/2, 11 months) and am 17 weeks along with my fifth. My partner works 12 hour days and spends 3 more hours commuting, so OH doesn't even see the kids 5 days a week. I can definitely understand feeling like you're doing it alone. Of course kids have boundless energy that we could only hope to ever have. Haha. It is hard to keep up, and I think it's absolutely impossible to keep up throughout much of the first trimester (and don't even get me started on third tri!).

I do have a few tips,... if you don't mind... Watch your child's consumption of sugar and artificial food dyes. If you feed your child, say, sugary cereal with yellow and red food dyes in the ingredient list, you might as well just go straight to bed because your child is going to act out a LOT. It's freezing here right now, but I believe that children should play outside every single day, no matter what. Bundle up, and even if your child only lasts 5-10 minutes before asking to go in (or you begging to go in!), your child's mood will improve vastly! I try to get my kids outside for an hour a day. When it's -7 and a blizzard, that won't happen, but we'll all bundle up and go outside and walk to the mailbox and back (which only takes a minute, while it takes 10 minutes to get them all dressed and gloved and hats on and boots and ready to go out). But they'll stand outside for another 2-3 minutes and catch snowflakes on their tongues or whatever. Then, we'll come in and have some hot soup, or I'll give them a warm bath. I also have a ton of children, but I spend at least 10 minutes straight with each child individually, no phone and no distractions at all, doing whatever they want to do. It means the child gets 10 minutes (or more!) of complete control. If my child wants to do the Hokey Pokey with me for 10 minutes, we do the Hokey Pokey for 10 minutes. If they want to build a LEGO tower, that's what we'll do. If they want to make pancakes (sometimes this happens), I'll pull out the blender (we're gluten free and use oatmeal and make sugar-free, gluten-free, dairy-free pancakes that the kids love!), and I'll let the child measure out the ingredients and press the buttons on the blender. I also think that screen time makes kids act out more. We're kinda crazy, do absolutely NO screen time before 3 years old and the only allow TV once every week (if snowy/rainy) or every other week (normal week). This makes a huge difference in behavior. I notice that my kids act out a lot more if they're allowed to watch TV in the morning or afternoon, so we'll have movie night after dinner once a week or twice a month instead.

And if you read nothing but this one line, I have a mini trampoline that I keep in the living room throughout the winter, and my kids will just walk over to it and start jumping when their energy starts to rise up too high. When I'm feeling okay, and one of them starts jumping like crazy, I know it's time to start moving. I'll turn on a CD, and we'll all dance and sing together. If I'm having a bad morning sickness day or awful energy level myself, I'll just encourage them to JUMP JUMP JUMP! Either way, they have fun and burn off energy. GOOD luck! :)

Thank you so much! Ill give some serious thought to sugar intake and maybe try some other stuff you mentioned. Thank you for taking the time to write all that. Hopefully something helps xxxx

I have a 3 year old that is turning 4 in April and is going through a defiant period. I also a 2 year old who is driving me batty with getting into everything so I completely understand how you feel. I take the kids outside when it is nice out so burn off some steam but on the days when it is either raining or snowing I find it hard keeping them entertained. I'm sick 24/7 right now with severe fatigue so often times, sadly, I don't feel like doing much with them. I feel no shame letting them watch TV during my worst times (although I do try to find more educational cartoons so at least they are hopefully learning something) but otherwise they are confined to playing with their toys most of the day. Maybe try doing some of the types of age appropriate activities they do in school. I'm sure if you look online you can find some examples and most of the activities involve sitting down on your part so you can relax a bit. The hardest part is with children that young their attention span isn't too great but that's ok because it is good training them to use their brains for something other than acting out since he is almost ready to start school anyways.

Hello
I have two kids, oldest is five and is non verbal autistic and my youngest is 4 and she's in a I'm the boss mode, I need to restore her to factory settings but I got no instructions. I'm trying my best, I nearly threw up on my five year old as he's still in nappies and well I'd rather deal with baby poo but I'm very lucky because I can escape to work. It's my husband that deals with it mostly.
I'd only advise duck duck goose. Or getting the kids in control eg handing them the shopping list to help shopping things like that

Hi

I just have the one 4 year old who only has me to play with. She is good and will luckily entertain herself for a bit but when she's wants me to play with her I find I get even more tired trying to keep up with her imaginary games. I just hold things and say the odd random thing. My eyes are open but my brain is asleep. Just so tired at the mo. I can't remember feeling this way with DD.

I have three children - 10, 7 and 6. They don't yet know I'm pregnant as only 6/7 weeks along and high-risk given my age (41 next week!��) So not going to tell them until 3-4 months as any loss would be equally hard for them, plus they have little concept of time and would drive me crazy asking when the baby's coming!��
s
Mine suffer from sibling rivalry and my 10 year old is exhibiting testosterone moods, he's like a teenager already! �� I'm trying to think back to when they were your kids' ages but my son was never really the boisterous type, I'm afraid! I guess just keep him well-occupied, spend time with him (even if you're feeling rough, just sit and have a cuddle whilst watching his favourite to programme or reading a book) and ensure he's not getting much sugar (that includes fruit and dried fruit, especially!).

Good luck ��

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->