Anyone preparing for 2016 IUI/IVF or ICSI?

wannabmum

Reaction score
Hi Just wonder if anyone currently preparing to start cycling early 2016? Thought be good to chat/vent & support in preparation :flower:

I am currently preparing for ICSI 4 stims start early feb :happydance: currently quite excited to start again (think after 11 years ttc and over 7 years since our first ICSI be last way to feel but made so many lifestyle changes, not saying will work next time hope it does but now believe it will work eventually and if next cycle doesnt work we will cycle again as soon as we are allowed by clinic)

current changes: Walking 10-15 miles per day
BMI down to 22
Heap of supplements recommended by Mel Brown
& high protein low carb organic low gi diet
Starting Metiformin now @ 1000mg per day
Starting acupuncture now also to prepare :cloud9:

xx

Hi, wannab! I was hoping someone would make a 2016 thread. Idk if I'll be doing a FET earlyish next year or a new cycle.. I am currently waiting for autoimmune results I had done after my second loss with an autoimmune RE and may need a lap/hysteroscopy as well. Just waiting around :coffee:

How are you doing with the high protein/low carb diet?

Hi! can I join please? We are doing our FET in January 2016 after our first failed ICSI cycle in September this year. We have one embryo left to play with so hoping this one is the one for us!

Beneath.. I remember you from the August/September thread, sending you so much luck for your next cycle.

wannabmum, I too am on a low carb/high protein diet. I am on week 3 and struggling I must say. I love sweet things and pasta so I'm finding it tough but all in all my body feels better for it

xx

Hi! can I join please? We are doing our FET in January 2016 after our first failed ICSI cycle in September this year. We have one embryo left to play with so hoping this one is the one for us!

Beneath.. I remember you from the August/September thread, sending you so much luck for your next cycle.

wannabmum, I too am on a low carb/high protein diet. I am on week 3 and struggling I must say. I love sweet things and pasta so I'm finding it tough but all in all my body feels better for it

xx

Hi sweety!!! Thank you. Lots of luck to you as well.

Hi Girls :) sorry to hear about both your previous cycles, fx 2016 is our year :)

I am going to request clexane & predisilone this cycle (done with last) also think I will ask for intelipids, I haven't had immune testing but think cant hurt then depending what happens next think I will try immune testing too if this cycle gets me nowhere.

Over all finding high protein/low carb not to bad but i did do vlcd first so think that helped get over the worst of the carb cravings, my only concern is that my nutritionist that specilizes in ivf had me start flaxseeds with breakfast, now had my tsh tested feb & was 1.4 retested last week and it was 2, I know the say 2 under fine for ivf but the fact on 2 is concerning me a bit but on looking see some have found flaxseeds elevate their tsh so think i will drop them and retest tsh in 6 weeks to be safe, the other issue I think i will have is eating enough calories, i am thought be border line pcos so been told not to have cows milk untill cycle starts but have 1 full fat nat yogurt but even although i feel like i eat loads I am still losing weight so think will add some more nuts etc as originally i wanted to lose few more lbs but consultant told me not to to keep my weights stable (when i eat carbs have the opposite problem even when same calories i am eating the weight piles on)

Had my first return acupuncture session yesterday that was great so relaxing actually really looking forward to starting again although no doubt will be feeling differently when it gets closer.

How are girls feeling? attached is my current diet (although from today will be minus the flaxseeds xx

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 4
I put on quite a few pounds from FET meds and finding it hard to lose weight!! Trying to eat healthier, but it's not always easy when you're sad and lean towards comfort foods!!

Glad acupuncture was relaxing for you!!!

totally understand that from my previous cycles and the upset around it my bmi ended up at 29 then when i was trying too lose didnt seem to be coming off so ended up doing Cambridge then once down maintained from there.

:hugs::hugs: hun really is such a difficult journey so sorry about your :angel::angel: do you know when you expect your immune results back? xx

totally understand that from my previous cycles and the upset around it my bmi ended up at 29 then when i was trying too lose didnt seem to be coming off so ended up doing Cambridge then once down maintained from there.

:hugs::hugs: hun really is such a difficult journey so sorry about your :angel::angel: do you know when you expect your immune results back? xx

I have a follow up mid Nov to discuss results and a immune protocol for next cycle. I was tested for high nk cells and they came back elevated after my first loss and was on prednisone and did Intralipids as well so when I had the second loss my re wanted me to look more into autoimmunity and referred me to an autoimmune re.

Hopefully the next few weeks to your follow up pass quickly so you can then plan to move forward xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->