Anyone prescribed something for nausea but not vomiting?

choc

Reaction score
Is there anything a doctor can give for all day nausea? I don't vomit but it's still hard to function.

Yep- not this time as the nausea has just started, but last pregnancy I was nauseated often, rarely vomited, and they prescribed Zofran which helped.
My first pregnancy (in 2008) was much the same (a lot of nausea, only vomited once) but they basically told me to suck it up lol

Yes if its preventing you from living a normal life then they should be willing to help out. x

Also Zofran for me. I don't vomit but soon as said nausea they mentioned it. I only take it on my very bad days were I'm going to puke.

My cnm gave me some samples of Diclegis. She said it's ideal for people who are nauseas but not actually throwing up. It's been great for me, I'm taking the lowest dose (which is two pills before bed). The only side effect that I've noticed is a bad taste in my mouth for the first part of the day. I'm pretty positive the bad taste is from the medication, as I have that reaction to other medications I've taken before.

My doctor prescribed Zofran. I didn't even mention vomiting, just nausea. I know people who've taken it with success.
I stopped feeling nauseous the day after though, so I never picked up the prescription.

I'd be careful with it though, and not take it more than absolutely necessary. My coworker's son got a cleft lip and she was taking it. The FDA lists that as a side effect & warns against using it for pregnancy and only approves it for nausea related to cancer and surgery.

My doctor said they hand it out like water, though, and that cleft lip and palate are caused by a different developmental abnormality so...idk, it depends on who you trust more, doctors or the FDA.

In the meantime, maybe those preggie pops would work, or vitamin b6. My doctor also said B12 would be helpful. Before I was able to see my doctor, I would suck on organic peppermints (with real mint) if I started feeing nauseous at work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->