Anyone reading the song of ice and fire series

smokey

Mummy to a monkey
Reaction score
I have some theories I want to discuss with people but hubby is taking too long to read them :)

I've read the first and second in the series and can't wait to read the rest!

Me!
I've finished the first four!
Very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the writing! I had certain (unfair) presumptions about the fantasy genre and was expecting it to be all plot and poor writing, but not at all.
I do find Martin's work VERY bloodthirsty, though.
Holy cow. He has no compunction about murdering off characters right, left, and centre!

So, yes! I would love to discuss them! :)

Me!
I've finished the first four!
Very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the writing! I had certain (unfair) presumptions about the fantasy genre and was expecting it to be all plot and poor writing, but not at all.
I do find Martin's work VERY bloodthirsty, though.
Holy cow. He has no compunction about murdering off characters right, left, and centre!

So, yes! I would love to discuss them! :)

Im part way into Dance with dragons and I am loving these books :)
I still stick to my theory of Jon Snows parents that I wrote a thread on somewhere and believe it more so the further I get with the books.

I love how he has no real concerns about murdering off main charecters, I did enjoy reading the red wedding chapter but didnt find myself overly concerned about those charecters as I just couldnt find myself caring about either of them.
The crossroads chapter though was completly differant, I realy found myself wanting to shout "no she hasnt done anything wrong, leave her alone" :) and this made me hate catherine even more

The Crossroads chapter?
Remember that I have only read the first four - is that the end of the fourth? Not sure who "catherine" is? Did you mean Catelyn Stark?

I am rather eager to read the fifth novel now and am 186th on the wait list at the library! :dohh:

Oh! And I want to hear your theory on Jon Snow's parents!
Where can I find it?

The Crossroads chapter?
Remember that I have only read the first four - is that the end of the fourth? Not sure who "catherine" is? Did you mean Catelyn Stark?

I am rather eager to read the fifth novel now and am 186th on the wait list at the library! :dohh:

In some countries the books where broken down to make them a bit smaller and other countries published the larger version so what could be the 4th book in one country could be the 5th.
4 is technicaly feast of crows but storm of swords was split into 2 books in this country making it the 5th and I think split into 3 books in France (I could be wrong there I know it happened in one country or anouther) making it the 6th
The crossroads chapter was feast of crows.
Yes sorry I do mean catelyn, for some reason I just always stuck with refering to her as catherine no idea why :) either way I didnt like her :)

This is my theory about jon snows parents
https://www.babyandbump.com/tv-film-entertainment/653922-those-have-watched-read-game-thrones.html

I think there is deffinatly somthing behind him being Rhaegar Targaryen's son

Smokey, very good theory! I think you're on to something. Highly plausible!

Oh I'm so stoked I found this thread! I'm OBSESSED at the moment, currently making my way through A Feast for Crows and planning on buying a Dance with Dragons ASAP... I can't wait til I've finished the ones I've got so far (I know it sounds weird) so then I can read up online about all people's theories and stuff, I just don't want to ruin any surprises for myself... I already ruined the surprise about Catelyn at the end of the last book.

Who's your favourite characters so far, girls?

I really surprised myself by falling in love with Tyrion Lannister a bit haha. I also adore Jaime, and the actor who plays him in the series (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is sooooo freakin hot).

I loved Tyrion, hes just so sarcastic :)
My faverite though has to be sandor clegan, I forgave everything he had done when he went to sansa to take her away with him and there is cleary alot more to him then justa killer and I dont think we have seen the last of him.

Whew!
Just finished A Dance with Dragons and am already dying to read Winds of Winter, or whatever the next one is called.

I have to say, I felt like the violence escalated in this last one and got a lot more sexual. There were a few scenes that left me feeling rather queasy.
And smokey - not sure anymore about your Jon Snow theory. There was reference to Eddard Stark's affair in this, so not sure if Jon is a lost Targaryen anymore. It's still possible, but less likely, I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->