Anyone relactated after a long break?

cherrylips100

Reaction score
Anyone relactated after a long break? I have 8 week old twins who I combi fed breast and cup for the first week. Although they latched on well, they were unable to feed for more than a minute without falling asleep due to being premature. I was under a lot of pressure to make them gain weight in hospital so I gave in and began to bottle feed. Fast forward 7 weeks and I still feel guilty as breastfeeding was really important to me I assumed that once I'd stopped, it would be impossible to start again but have since read that it can happen. I know its a long shot but has anyone tied breastfeeding after a long interval and been successful? If so, have you got any advice?
I should add that I was unable to express anything by pump but could manually express (midwives were clueless as to why I was like this)

Hmmm I'm not sure my experience is exactly the same but I wasn't able to get my dd latched for 3 weeks! But I was able to express & bottle feed expressed milk for those 3 weeks. I finally got her to latch & we even going good for a week & a half. Did you continue hand expressing or did you stop completely? If you haven't expressed in 7 weeks I genuinely don't know the answer. But maybe someone else does! Sorry for probably not bring much help! :/ but good luck!!! Xxx

Well done and thanks for the reply. I stopped hand expressing too (not made it easy for myself U know!) Really wish I'd persevered now..

Ive not done this myself but will they latch on? As them suckling should definately stimulate your supply. After i stopped feeding my son, who was combi fed, i had a tiny supply of milk for at least a year after.
You did what you needed to do in order for your babies to gain weight so dont be too hard on yourself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->