Anyone scared they won't be able to get pregnant?

Yep, I'm very worried about this. I've never even had a pregnancy scare before and never taken a test. I just worry that it won't happen for me. Although, saying that, temping has helped me feel much better about things because it shows that I am indeed ovulating and that in itself has reassured me to some degree.

Then there's the worry about DH's swimmers and whether they're up to the task.

Just gotta wait and see what happens, but it's such a worrying time and I know it won't get any easier once you actually fall pregnant!

I've got such a big fear for this...
My friend told me who's older than me, that she was TTC, but was not using protection with her boyfriend for four years so she went to the doctor and she said everything was fine. She is now using protection, she went through her 'Not thinking about it' stage :dohh:
She told me it's because spermy can get use to the body or something, is that even true? When i asked the girls in college they laughed at me :blush:

I do worry alot...

I have had pelvic immflamatory disease (PID). A cyst on my left ovary and suspected endometriosis. Also 1 MC.

It really gets to me thinking about it sometimes so I just try not too. But is hard!

Its one of the reason I dont want to leave it too late aswell.

xxx

I've got such a big fear for this...
My friend told me who's older than me, that she was TTC, but was not using protection with her boyfriend for four years so she went to the doctor and she said everything was fine. She is now using protection, she went through her 'Not thinking about it' stage :dohh:
She told me it's because spermy can get use to the body or something, is that even true? When i asked the girls in college they laughed at me :blush:

Yeah some mens sperm are just not compatible with some womens CM.

xxx

I'm nervous about it as well. Like 4magpies, I have suspected endo and ovary issues so even trying now makes me think it could be too late. I'll be getting an HSG soon so maybe that will calm my mind but I doubt it!

I'm nervous about it as well. Like 4magpies, I have suspected endo and ovary issues so even trying now makes me think it could be too late. I'll be getting an HSG soon so maybe that will calm my mind but I doubt it!

What "ovary issues" have they told you you have hun?

xx

i'm a bit worried. my mum had to have fertility treatment to have me so i eonder if i will have the same problem? then again her mum had 8 kids so i don't know. sometimes i want to ask my doc if infertility is genetic but that seems like the most pointless paradoxical question ever!

it really scares me too! what if it's already too late for me to have another?

think i'm gonna start charting and using opk's soon to put my mind at rest that i am in fact ovulating. i'll be much calmer about it then

I'm afraid I won't get pregnant either. I've never TTC before but I was on the pill for 10 years and about 5 years ago, I may have suffered from a few ruptured ovarian cysts (I never did get confirmation that's what it was). Now that I'm off the pill I have 28-29 day cycles with slight temp spikes but I'm still afraid that I don't ovulate.
I also have a hard time imagining myself pregnant. I can see myself with a baby, but can't envision having a big 'ol baby belly. :blush:

Saw this and had to reply, though I'm ttc. I always used to joke, before even considering TTC, 'If I haven't gotten pregnant by now, I never will." I never had regular periods, and had really bad pain during each cycle. No one in my family has ever had an issue with conceiving, I'm one of 5 kids, and I have 30 some cousins. So though I had the thought that I would have an issue, I never REALLY thought I would.

I was diagnosed with PCOS a year ago, but still didn't think there would REALLY be an issue. Now I've been TTC for 8 months, and I'm still not pregnant. In fact, I realized that I wasn't even ovulating, until I started clomid.

I miss the few times before I wanted to be pregnant that I took a pregnancy test and was relieved when it was negative. Now I cry when I only see one line, every time. The first few months weren't that bad, but at this point, it seems so unnattainable.

What "ovary issues" have they told you you have hun?

xx

I didn't see this yesterday. Sorry!

Right now we think its just a hemorrhagic cyst on the left (which has also been enlarged) that I have to get checked again but there was a hemorrhagic issue and what we couldn't place that looked like a mass also on the left side that she thought was an endometrioma. On the right we haven't been able to see much beyond it being a little big but there's still pain there like the left. On my next check up we'll check for cysts again.
Nothing too bad right now, I don't think, but considering that I don't respond to any of the meds I've been on, it probably wouldn't be too good to wait like I originally planned to to have my own kids. I'll try while the problems are smaller.

Yes yes yes, I worry about this constantly. The only thing I have that keeps me optimistic is the fact that none of my family have ever had trouble conceiving and the doctor once told my mum she was "ridiculously" fertile when she got pregnant twice on the pill, lol. Of course, I'm not my mother, but I'm hoping that's one part of her I've inherited! My oh's brothers have also concieved with their partners at a drop of a hat too, so I'm hoping he has some strong swimmers lol. Me being me though, thinks "Oh well I'm probably the exception in this family" but that's because I'm a grade A worrier.

I'm sure we'll all produce healthy little beans!

This is a HUGE fear of mine. My mother's siter was unable to have kids even after all the fertility treatments she had. My Grandmother's sister couldn't have children either. I have always had regular periods and my mother had me at 35 after only three cycles and my sister at 42 after one year but I worry none the less. :p

and I thought I was the only one that worried about this!!!! I worry about it not happening all the time and havent even started ttc yet. :wacko: I think the main reason it bothers me so much is I had a friend who had two v hard pregnancies she had pre eclampsia first time and second time was carrying twins and lost one. I also have an aunty who has managed to get pregnant both times with boys, had them too early and lost them both. And a v close friend at the moment who has been trying with no luck and now at fertilaty clinic.

I know that Its silly to worry about it as it puts uneccesary stress on you, but cant help it, will just have to keep everything crossed things work out for hubby and I x

Lesley

Same here - due to coming off the Depo injection a year ago, I'm still not ovulating, and I worry that maybe I won't ever ovulate. My Mum conceived three children all easily (my sister was born after the first time my Mum ever had 'relations', my brother was the first time my Mum had 'relations' with my Dad and I was conceived after a MC and after she decided not to try anymore).

To me, the biggest fears are not conceiving and having a MC...I don't know if I could handle either of these.

Fingers crossed for all of us to be able to conceive and have happy pregnancies x x x

I am totally nervous about this. Earlier this year I was keeping track of my cycles and passively TTC with out luck. Then I realized I needed to lose weight and work on DH. Meanwhile, I am slipping further into my 30's. My doctor even told me that I should start TTC now- just in case there is a problem. Now to lose the weight and convince DH.

Maybe this is silly, but I feel like I'll be jinxed next time I TTC. Bella was conceived on the first try, and I feel like I'll never be that lucky again. Like the powers from above would only let that happen to someone once. I haven't even gotten my AF back yet, so who knows how it'll go.

It's probably an irrational fear of mine, but for some reason I can't help but think that I can't get pregnant. I've never TTC or anything, it just really freaks me out. I think that knowing what can happen, especially being on here and seeing that pregnancy isn't always the magical journey they show on TV, I've become almost terrified of when it comes time to TTC, because I'm going to be so anxious about it.

Any other WTTers have this fear?
I could have written this verbatim! I think about all the time I forgot to take my pill for 4 days in a row or that I've been off the pill for a 4 months now and there were a couple times that we weren't "careful" and I didn't get pregnant. I think a small part of why I want to ttc sometime soon is just to know that I can actually have children and don't have to be so anxious about it anymore.

i think my mum managed to make my fear worse today by telling me how i could always adopt, i know its an option but i really really really want a little one thats part of me and my OH and i'd quite happily adopt another after that :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->