anyone starting 1st round of Clomid?

No big update here other then I have been an emotional wreck today. Literally. I cried the whole way to work, was fine at work but cried the whole way home. I am really hoping that means AF is on her way. I have had more cramping today also and now my breasts are sore so hurry up AF.

I also found out last night that two close friends are prego (that makes six close friends/family members since we started trying... I am genuinly happy for them but cant help but be jealous) I think I am mostly upset about it because I told my mom that they were both pregnant last night and she acted like she had no idea. I then found out today that she already knew, as did both my sisters and Im not quite sure why she acted like she had no idea or why they were all keeping it a secret from me. It hurts worse to find out on facebook then it would have if someone just straight up told me. My one friend even knows how hard things have been for us to get pregnant and she didnt tell me, her husband told my husband. I wish people wouldnt tip toe around me about these sort of things. I can handle it, really! Plus, like I said I am happy for them even if I am jealous. Oh well, I guess they just dont understand...

Sorry this turned into a little bit of a long rantish post. I just am feeling quite alone about everything and very emotional, please let that be AF and not that I am just an emotional wreck for no reason ;-)

Right after I wrote the above post I went to use the restroom and a few drops of red blood showed up and it was pink when I wipes (TMI!) Im thinking I will wait and not count today as CD1 yet, what do you think?

I am so thrilled that I now have a reason for being such a cry baby today! ;-)

Hi Missangie

I just replied to you over on the other thread too, my dr told me to count the first day of ANYTHING as cd1 but he told me he could see from my scan that I wasnt going to have much of a period, I just noticed the time you posted at, where are you from? maybe we have a time difference but if it was late at night then maybe you should see what its like this morning then judge? your doing days 2-6 arent you?

As for your rant, I totally agree with you, something the same happened to us where facebook is concerned and people don't even know we are ttc, they just expect it coz we were just married a couple of months when they got pg, but I do not know why people choose to get on like this! You should ask your mum why she pretended it was news to her when yous were talking and tell her that it made you feell even worse when you found out they already knew, like its a big conspiracy to keep it a secret from you! That deffo was not the right way to go about it. I am glad AF came for you, I am on day 3 of 7 with my provera course I just want it to hurry up!!!!:hugs:

Hey lily, I will be taking is CD5-9 I will prob reply over on the other thread too but the first signs of AF started at 4ish yesterday in the late afternoon. by 9 it was full flow and I need a tampon, so I think I am going to count it as CD1 since in the past if i have had spotting it has just been when I wiped and usually dark brown and this was red. I am still unsure as to whether that is technically cd1 or not since it happened in the evening? Where is the rule book for this sort of thing? :) But if I am taking it a day early by counting yesterday as CD1 then at least Im taking the clomid 4-8 which some people do instead of 6-10 since I havent heard of anyone doing that. I hope that makes sense.

I ended up talking to my mom about it and she felt really bad. She apologized and said she didnt mean to hurt me and that she hates lying to us but was told to not say anything when she found out about them being prego. I told her that I was so hurt because she could have just said that she knew but wasnt supposed to say anything before and I would have understood. Oh well, I am over it now!

Day 3 of 7, almost half way done!! I hope AF shows up right after your last pill!!!

Thanks, if I were you I would count it as CD1 but thats just my opinion, I dont think it would hurt given the days you are taking your clomid if there was any sort of a mix up, its not as if you were supposed to start 2-6 and are actually going to end up taking 1-5 if ya know what I mean?

I know that must read confusing as it was confusing to write! lol but all in all if I were you I would deffo count it as CD1 given that you did have full flow later that evening, if that makes sense!

I know what you mean, there sould be a rule book with every kind of scenario! lol

Glad you got it sorted out with your Mum, don't dwell on it just move on, and if you think about it, whoever told your mum to keep it a secret really did put her in an awful situation.

Yes I am almost half way, i hope she shows soon after too x

Makes perfect sense, I agree! CD2 today, Im officially counting it as that :)

and yes, my friends who told my mom to not say anything did put her in a tough spot. I am completely over it, it didnt help that my hormones are all over the place! I am pretty good about not staying mad or holding grudges!

I think, if I remember correctly, you have taken provera before right? If so, when did AF come?

Thats good your over it! No, this is my first time on it, just hope AF comes and soon after last pill!

I am a google freak and google absolutley anything and everything and have been reading horror stories (well they are horror stories to me! lol) of people still not getting af after provera, but I am on 20mg a day for 7 days and I have read of people only having 5 or 10mg a day for 5 days. I know I am worrying but I think all of us ttc'ers are guilty of that! lol x

Im sure AF will show up for you! I havent even heard of people doing 20mg of it, maybe you will start before you are done with your pills? that would be nice, huh!

Thats why I am worried coz its CD113 now and he did say there isn't much of a period there to come out so then when I seen on here that girls are only on half and even a quarter of the mg I'm on for less time 5 days where I'm on 7 I started talking to my husband saying that I think the dr must be worried about getting it out and thats why I am on more and for longer? what do you think or am I just being a complete nutter now? lol x

i think every doctor is just different as far as how long to put people on it. My regular dr put me on it for 10 days and then my OBGYN said that 5 or 7 is really all that is necessary. Maybe he is doing 20 since it has been so long and wants to give you an extra boost to start. I remember my first one from provera after a looooong cycle and I had dark brown spotting for a couple days and then AF was pretty light. AF is on her way, I know it! She just had to visit me first and is now flying around trying to find you ;-)

haha good one thank you, you have settled me now! roll on cd5 for you so you can start! x

How are you Lily and Carhar?

Carhar are you still just waiting for the 14th? Done anything fun to pass the time?

Lily, do you have any signs of AF?

I took my first clomid pill a few hours ago. I know Im a little crazy when it comes to this whole TTC thing but I am going to tell you what I just did. haha.... So, I found one of those "due date calculators" online. (I also found a clomid ovulation calculator... Ill find the link in a sec.) but anway, I typed in the date of my last period and it came up as the due date being April 5th. So I have decided this is a sign that I am going to get prego this cycle because my hubby and I first started dating on April 5th. (6+ years ago!) I know thats silly but I will take any ounce of positivity and hope that I can get right now. ;-)

https://www.babymed.com/tools/clomid-ovulation-calculator

thats the link to the clomid ovulation calculator

Hi I am fine thankyou, I have had on and off cramps for days now, tomorrow is my last day taking provera I really hope af doesn't keep me waiting too long.

Glad to hear you have got to start your clomid, can I ask at what time of day do you take yours? I think I will take mine in the evening time, going by some of the stories I have read on here.

I would tend to be alot like you in the "fate" aspect, I would totally take that as a sign and a good luck charm. Also I have been looking for a clomid callender! (I google alot! Lol) I am posting from my iPhone so will be able to have a better look at the link you posted tomorrow when I am on the laptop....can't wait to put my dates in and see what I get, argghh come on af, hurry up! X

I bet you will see AF within the week! I hope so!

I ended up taking the clomid at 11:00, so late morning/early afternoon. I had read that most say to take it in the evening so you dont experience the side effects but I decided to try it then since I have also read that many people dont have any side effects with 50mg. I havent noticed anything today so I plan on taking the second pill around the same time tomorrow, too.

Hi, sorry I've not been on here for a while.

I've been feeling sorry for myself as we had one of our family dogs put to sleep at the weekend.

I'm really excited for you mussangie. Clomid works for so many on the first occasion. Apparently you should take clomid at the same time every day. I took mine at 11pm and didn't have any real side effects. The only thing I had was bding was v uncomfortable.

Lily it sounds like your af is on her way!

My fs called yesterday and he's sending out an Inc dose as well as norethisterone to bring on my af. It was a strange conversation as he felt I should have had more scans to see if my follies grew and won't let me have a blood test. In the end he agreed to an Inc dose if I accepted the risk of multiples.

I hope you're both okay today x

Hi missangie and carhar

How are you both? I hope you are both well!

Carhar - I am so sorry about your dog, I know how upsetting it is, pets are most definately like part of the family. Have you started your meds to bring on af yet?

missangie - I like the clomid calendar! How have you been feeling since finishing clomid? what cd are you on now?

Thanks both of you my af did come (not much of it but it came and went!) but he did say not to expect much, I am on CD3 so today was my second pill, so far so good, no side effects, I have been taking it at 8pm.
x

Hey lily and carhar, sorry I have sorta abandoned this thread since Lily and I both chat on another thread together. Carhar, you should head over there too. Its the one that Lily posted about awhile ago. Its a busy thread and hard to keep up with everyone sometimes so it is nice to have this seperate one with you ladies also! :)

Lily, thats kinda nice that AF was so short for you! Have you experienced any SE of the Clomid?

Carhar, how are you doing?

I am CD11 today, I am taking 2 tsps of Robitussion 3x a day and have been doing OPKs. I had some cramping CD9 and 10 but not much and nothing today. I wish I would hurry up and O! Im sooo ready to make a baby ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->