anyone suffer with thyroid

sparkle_1979

Mum to Ruby born Oct 2009
Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for the last few weeks I have been having awful bad palpitations and went to the doc who gabe blood pressure tablets to slow my heart rate and lower my blood pressure.

She didnt take any blood just did an ecg and said anxiety.

I've not been sleeping at all, last night an hour )

Hear are some other symptoms Im having

really warm
ache bones, burning even though think this could be cause of the tablets
thin hair
irregular periods
miscarriages
feel nervous all the time

This is so not like me. I thought it was anxiety, but because i dont really

have anything much to make me feel this bad I feel its something worse

going back to the docs tomorrow, just wondered if anyone has any experience of this? Thanks x

Could well be thyroid - it exhibits differently for everyone. I have Hypothyroidism - started as post-partum but hasn't gone away yet so they tbink it's permanent.

It sounds like you may be hyper rather than hypo but I'm no expert. Are you losing weight? Do things taste funny? So you feel like the whole world is against you? Do you get irrational thoughts- a bit like depression but you feel fine and just don't understand it - which in the end makes you feel worse because you're fighting it?

This is the best list I can find quickly https://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/t/thyroid/symptoms.htm
- I know of another one but Ican't find it :growlmad: I would suggest you go in to the Dr's and demand a blood test.....they can't really say no, and you can now say that the tablets are not working and you think it's something hormonal.

PP Thyroid imbalance affects 1 in 7 women and can occur up to 12 months after the birth, so it may well just be a temporary, but they can give you treatment so yo feel better until it rights itself.

There's a lot of information, and my Dr was really good when I went to him. Do a bit of research, get yourself back to the Dr!!

Hope you get it sorted soon hun. Btw - treatment can take a while to get right. With Hypo (underactive) theyhave to build up your dose of thyroxine. I've been on treatment for 6 months now and it's still not quite right.With Hyper, they can xometimes give you a suppressant, (I'm not really sure on this one as I'm not Hyper) or if it's permanent they may offer you a treatment to stop the thyroid gland from working and you will then become Hypo and take tablets instead (easier lol). There is a chance that you'll be on tablets for the rest of your life, but the bonus is that you get free prescriptions as it's a naturally occurring hormone.

It's not a big or major problem, as long as you get it treated promptly. A lot of women get it, and some men too. My Mum has it! Try not to worry as it's so easily treated! :hugs: to you hun, and i hope you feel better soon.

thank you so much for your reply

This is taking over my life. I am a mess, the irrational thought ( mainly that im dying ) are horrendous. This is not like me at all im usually so happy with my life but Im snappy, tired and constantly worried. I cant sleep because of palpitations and aches over my body.

Im going back to the docs tomorrow and demanding they take blood because I know its not just depression as I have other symptoms that make me think its thyroid.

Thanks again I really appreciate your help x

Also i had my little girl a year ago and since then I've had one m/c and 2 before her which i think can be a cause of it?

No probs hun...I found that list I was on about. It's really long, but gothrough it and see how many you can relate to. It may give you a bit more ammo for the Dr!

Good luck and try not to get owrked up about it. I know it's hard, but try to get some more sleep (rest is the best thing as the tiredness can make you worse. And try drinking more fruit juice as the Vitamins in fruit can sometimes stimulate the thyroid gland so it may give you a bit of a lift.

I never had thoughts I was going to die, Mine was (and still is occasinally) that my husband is angry with me, that he's going to leave me and take Earl with him, that he hates me, all that kind of thing. It can get really bad but since my diagnosis my hubby has gotten really good at calling me on it. When I start moping he tells me to go and have a lie down and take an extra tablet :haha: (Take your drugs love! lol)

I Know that thyroid problems can be the cause of irregular periods and fertility problems so it may well be connected. I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriages.:hugs: I was told not to TTC until my thyroxine is sorted (I reckon I'm 1 blood test away from my correct dose) and then Ill haveto go on extra doses for the fist tri once I get pregnant at least.

Good luck tomorrow and try not to worry. The Dr's see a lot of thyroid patients and as long as you ask them for the full spectrum of tests then I'm sure you'll get sorted soon. :hugs:

https://www.thyroiduk.org.uk/tuk/pages/conditions/thyroid/hyposymptoms.html

Here's that list....sorry got a bit ahead of myself lol :flower:

Thank you for the link. You know I have loads of them lol..

Glad your on the mend and as your hubby says, "keep taking your drugs hun " lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->