anyone suffered with gallstones?

I had my gallbladder removed 4 months after having my LO. Id been experiencing the pain that u have described while I was pregnant but I put it down to being pregnant! But when the pains got worse and worse I went to the doctors who immediately said it sounded like gallstones and sent me up for a scan. I was booked to see a consultant when I had one awful attack and the pain was continuous for a few days. Eventually I went up to A&E where I was then diagnosed with pancreatitis because one of the stones had escaped into my bile duct! Apparently its quite serious! So I got my gallbladder taken out straight away!

Keep pushing your doctor for results and push to get ur gallbladder out! Ive never regretted it! xxx

thanks so much ladies, i went to doctors today and he was the one that suggested having my gallbladder scanned so im waiting for a letter now to have one done, feels like im dying half the time but constantly got a dull ache under ribcage and around my back xx

i had gallstones whilst pregnant with alfie i was rushed in 2 weeks after my c section and had to stay in hospital a week and have my gallbladder removed as my amylase was 1300. i thought that was the last of it but im regularly taken to a and e with acute pains exactly the same as gallbladder pains, apparently 40% of people who have them removed get post cholystectomy syndrome and need further tests.
ive had a breath test
ct scan
ultrasound
mri scan
endoscopy
and hundreds of blood tests
which have all come back normal????
i have been diagnosed with sphincter of oddi dysfunction which is common after the surgery, i have to have an ercp and a sphincterotomy.
the pain is unbearable, luckily work understand as im off nearly every month!!!!!
please try the diet way first and any other way brfore surgery.
if you need to know anything pm me or ask on here
x

i had gallstones whilst pregnant with alfie i was rushed in 2 weeks after my c section and had to stay in hospital a week and have my gallbladder removed as my amylase was 1300. i thought that was the last of it but im regularly taken to a and e with acute pains exactly the same as gallbladder pains, apparently 40% of people who have them removed get post cholystectomy syndrome and need further tests.
ive had a breath test
ct scan
ultrasound
mri scan
endoscopy
and hundreds of blood tests
which have all come back normal????
i have been diagnosed with sphincter of oddi dysfunction which is common after the surgery, i have to have an ercp and a sphincterotomy.
the pain is unbearable, luckily work understand as im off nearly every month!!!!!
please try the diet way first and any other way brfore surgery.
if you need to know anything pm me or ask on here
x

hi what symptoms did u get with gallstones my right rib feels like a balloon and it burns now and then im fed up now been crying all morning! been googling and scared myself more xx

excrutiating pain in my upper right tummy that radiated into my back.
sweats
vomiting
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back