Anyone suffers social anxiety?

Bernie

Reaction score
Ive just been diagnosed with it and put on medication and i will be getting some counsiling. I got fed up with the syptoms i was getting as they seemed to be getting worse with age. I hate talking to people thinking all eyes are on me being judged to whole time. I will be fine one minute the next i will get a nasty sinking feeling in my stomach and start going bright red and feel embaressed. I avoid people when im out shopping even people i know afraid of going bright red i even get the shakes. Anyone suffer with this if so what treatments have worked?

I have got anxiety and I'm really suffering with it at the moment. I went to the doctors yesterday and he wanted to put me on anti depressants. I've tried these in the past and they don't help me. He said I also need to force myself into anxious situations so that I conquer my fear. I have really bad panic attacks and there is no way I could do this! My friend has therapy and it helps her but I haven't been offered it. I also have OCD as well and apparently have depression but I don't think I do.

I've suffered with severe social anxiety on and off for practically my whole life. At one point I didn't leave my house for 3 years due to panic attacks. I've tried pretty much everything there is to try from medications, to rehab, to hypnosis. What I've found most helpful is something called "Neurobiofeedback". Google should have more accurate information than I can explain. Hypnosis was nice, too. Medications did nothing for me.

When it comes down to it, what I have found the most helpful over the years is just finding activities and environments that I feel fulfilled in. I've found that if my heart is really in something, then my anxiety diminishes -- or at least becomes bearable. Supportive, validating people also makes a HUGE difference for me. I went on a service learning trip to Tibet this year...I swear, the thing that helped me the most was the way the nomad people and children that I interacted with treated me. We didn't even speak the same language, but the smiles, the hugs, the interactions changed my life because the people genuinely were interested in who I was without judging and I was interested in them. When I came back to the states I was anxiety free for about two months before the environment I live in wore me down. Now I am struggling with anxiety again.

I hope you find something that works for you. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->