anyone taken norethisterone to start AF?If so how many days/what dose? Advise needed!

Discussion in 'Long Term Trying To Conceive' started by twinkle2, Nov 18, 2011.

1. twinkle2

twinkle2 Cautiously preg w #2

I have had norethisterone once in the past to start AF before my first round of clomid. I hadn't had a period for 70 odd days so was prescribed 5mg norethisterone 3 times a day for 10 days.

This time I am taking norethisterone to start AF after a miscarriage and have been prescribed same dose of norethisterone but only for 7 days. Does anyone know why this would be? Also will 7 days work???

2. twinkle2

3. LizMcD

LizMcD Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about ur m/c twinkle.

I took northisterone last month to bring on my period for IUI (so it arrived on the right day for treatment on week days!). Like you I had 3 tablets a day for 10 days after which I got my period within 3 days. Not sure why you'd get a 7 day dose, maybe best ask doc?

Good luck xx

4. twinkle2

Thanks Liz, no I'm not so sure either i don't know why i didn't ask i just presumed they would give me same prescription only checked when looked on box. Wondering if it might be a mistake? Will give them a call but can never seem to get through so just thought i'd see if anyone on here had had 7 days and if it works (obviously 7 days would be better than ten, gives me 3 days earlier for AF and then 3 days earlier to start trying!!!).

5. LizMcD

LizMcD Well-Known Member

Maybe that was it then. I suppose it doesn't matter how many you take as long as it brings on your a/f?

Good luck with the clomid, wishing you a speedy bfp!