anyone taking rigevidon contraception pill?

liz1985

Reaction score
I have taken microgynon 30 for at least 10 years. I went back on the pill last month and the doc said they are getting rid of mycrogynon and prescribed regevidon instead. I really dont like it, ive had breakthrough bleading all month, somedays quite heavy where ive had to wear a pad, period pain every day and my first period on it is horrible. The doctor said to give it 3 months and that its the exact same pill as mycrogynon but made by someone else. I never had any issues on mycrogynon. Anyone else on this pill? How's it been for you?

I'm on it and it's okay-ish but not great. I get terrible hot flushes the first few days of taking it, and if I don't take it at the same time each day I get bad period pains even if it's ages til AF is due. I haven't had any breakthrough bleeding though, that must be so annoying. I do feel better on it now than I did when I first started on it; the first month I really didn't like it so hopefully things will settle for you soon.

Rigevidon is meant to be exactly the same, but i can say its not! I bled a lot on it but when i demanded the branded microgynon, it stopped it. People are having lot of similar problems with this pill, and the docs will tell you til they are blue in the face that its the same thing. The ingredients say the same, im not convinced.

I agreed with the doctor to just try microgynon again for a month, just to see if it solved the situation. It did, doc was puzzled. They arent so much as getting rid of it, its just more expensive for them

Yes I've been on it nearly a month. (I posted a thread too as was also annoyed about it being changed)
It has seemed ok for me so far x

How many days in to the week break do you get a bleed? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"