Anyone taking Zantac?

Karenesque9

Reaction score
Curious how much/how often was approved by your MD. My reflux has gotten so bad that I'm having coughing fits during/after meals due to aspirating on acid. I was trying to avoid all medications during pregnancy but now I'm desperate for relief. I'm going to call the MD on Monday - just curious on others' experiences in the meantime.

150 mg twice a day. It didn't do much for me, it helped enough for day time but it didn't touch my night reflux. I am trying Prilosec now which isn't working and once I see my OB next week I will be trying Nexium.

If you go to your gp they can prescribe you stronger stuff, I'm on omeperazole once a day which pretty much sorts it out!

i take the same thing omeperazole 40 mg once a day.. i have GERD so i had acid problems looooong before being pregnant. ive had it since i was 9 years old and that stuff works wonders for me.

See omeprazole did sod all for me but zantac worked. But the Dr won't let me have zantac so buy it otc

I take Zantac 75, I was taking it once a day but it's getting worse so I've upped it to twice a day when needed. I took omeprazole before pregnancy because I have GERD, but I was told it's not safe in first tri. So if it gets bad later on in pregnancy, I might go back to the omeprazole.

I was on omeprazole pre-pregnancy as well (GERD). My GP had told me I could take Zantac several weeks ago for the cough/reflux. I was a bit unclear as to the dosage and my MD made it seem like a temporary solution anyways? So, I was feeling uneasy about it and wasn't taking it long/often enough to really help. I was trying to wait till my 28 week appt next week to check with my OB Re: what I can take/what I should be doing. I called this morning, like I said I'm getting desperate, and the OB nurse said they didn't want me to take Zantac - just Tums and Gaviscon (sp?) until my appt next week. ?? They wanted me to talk to the OB about everything then, and "he would prescribe me something if he felt I needed it."

So that freaked me out, like I was doing something wrong. But I checked the FDA website and Zantac is Pregnancy category B, which is considered safe! So I'm a little frustrated and confused that they want me to wait till next week! *shakes head*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->