anyone test positive for ANA's and/or Sjorgen's??

sunshine85

Reaction score
Just wondering as I did and it worries me... A little about me so far

I worry alot. I have had three miscarriages

Luckily the new office I go to sees me any day I want with or without an appointment.

I was in the hospital monday and they said I was 6 weeks and no hb detected. They basically doomed me.

I went in today and the u/s tech says from my LMP I should be 5w2d but I am measuring 5w6d and she saw heart activity. I am STILL not convinced I am preggo.

I have next to none symptoms. Boobs hurt but it comes and goes. Dull aches and lower back pains. Tired but thats it. No morning sickness like I hope for. I did get a cold last week when I found out.

My first beta was 37, 56 two days later, four days later 809 and four more days later over 12,000. I am still not convinced.

They took bloods to test for all types of blood disorders, clotting, autoimmune, etc.

I started taking progesterone/baby aspirin right after being told I was preggo. Although my bloods came back no clotting disorder I feel more comfortable taking this as docs prescribe it for many women who have has recurrent loss and I've read so many wonderful stories on success with this regimen.

I did test positive for ANA'S...Sjorgen's syndrome was high. They are referring me to a rheumatologist and perinatologist and I am seeing a high risk doc on Monday. I hope this bean sticks!!! Hope all our beans stick!!! :hugs:

How much folic acid are you taking??? I had 3 miscarriages too...and a positive ANA (turned into full blown lupus after giving birth)

How much folic acid are you taking??? I had 3 miscarriages too...and a positive ANA (turned into full blown lupus after giving birth)

I am taking what's in the prenatal which is 800 mg and than an extra 800mg of it.

Is that enough?

I think you mean 800mcg....I take 4mg per doctors orders.

I think you mean 800mcg....I take 4mg per doctors orders.

Yea that is what I meant lol...800mcg in my prenatal and 2-3 extra 400mcg pills of folic acid....I wonder if I need more hmmm

I have a positive ANA and Ro, and intermittently positive dsDNA. I've been diagnosed with Sjogren's and urticarial vasculitis. I haven't had any problems with clotting, but APS is commonly associated with Sjogren's, lupus, and RA, though it doesn't sound like this is your problem if your anticardiolipin and lupus anticoagulant were negative.

I also see a high-risk obstetrician, as the positive Ro puts my baby at risk of neonatal lupus and congenital heart block. It's really really rare but if they know you have these antibodies they need to monitor for it. If you have positive Ro and/or La, regardless of your diagnosis, you need to be under an ob for monitoring of your baby's heart rate in the second half of your pregnancy.

That is good that you are being referred to a rheumatologist, I hope if there is something going on that you get a name for it and some treatment quickly. Positive bloods do not always mean you have an autoimmune condition, but the higher levels do suggest it. I'd suggest reading (on reputable websites!!) about Sjogren's and write down any symptoms you have, no matter how weird or unrelated you think they are.

I have come off almost all my meds while pregnant, a couple weren't safe and the others the rheum just wanted to see if I could do without, and actually being pregnant has improved some of the worst symptoms enough that I can manage. I'll go back on everything after giving birth, though.

Wishing you all the best with this, it's not an easy journey but getting a diagnosis is often half the battle. It took years for me to get mine even with quite startling symptoms, so it's encouraging that your doctors are on the ball enough to refer you right away.

I have a positive ANA and Ro, and intermittently positive dsDNA. I've been diagnosed with Sjogren's and urticarial vasculitis. I haven't had any problems with clotting, but APS is commonly associated with Sjogren's, lupus, and RA, though it doesn't sound like this is your problem if your anticardiolipin and lupus anticoagulant were negative.

I also see a high-risk obstetrician, as the positive Ro puts my baby at risk of neonatal lupus and congenital heart block. It's really really rare but if they know you have these antibodies they need to monitor for it. If you have positive Ro and/or La, regardless of your diagnosis, you need to be under an ob for monitoring of your baby's heart rate in the second half of your pregnancy.

That is good that you are being referred to a rheumatologist, I hope if there is something going on that you get a name for it and some treatment quickly. Positive bloods do not always mean you have an autoimmune condition, but the higher levels do suggest it. I'd suggest reading (on reputable websites!!) about Sjogren's and write down any symptoms you have, no matter how weird or unrelated you think they are.

I have come off almost all my meds while pregnant, a couple weren't safe and the others the rheum just wanted to see if I could do without, and actually being pregnant has improved some of the worst symptoms enough that I can manage. I'll go back on everything after giving birth, though.

Wishing you all the best with this, it's not an easy journey but getting a diagnosis is often half the battle. It took years for me to get mine even with quite startling symptoms, so it's encouraging that your doctors are on the ball enough to refer you right away.

Thank you for sharing that. Yea the sjorgens is the only thing that showed up high. I don't have any of those symptoms either. I heard the baby hb yesterday at 6w1d and it was 105bpm although the np said she saw it beating faster than that. Made an appt with a high risk doc and my appt is on monday, i will take in all my bloo tests they did so he knows what has been done. I am scared I will lose this one too and taking progestwrone/baby aspirin as a precaution until otherwise.

I hope it goes well for you on Monday, and that you get your rainbow :hugs: I will be thinking about you, please update to let us know how it goes?

Also try not to worry about not having m/s yet...mine didn't kick in til about 6 weeks (and then I had it til nearly 18 weeks!) and I have two friends with perfectly healthy newborn girls who didn't have a single second of nausea whatsoever. I know it's reassuring to have it, but its absence doesn't mean anything is wrong :hugs:

I hope it goes well for you on Monday, and that you get your rainbow :hugs: I will be thinking about you, please update to let us know how it goes?

Also try not to worry about not having m/s yet...mine didn't kick in til about 6 weeks (and then I had it til nearly 18 weeks!) and I have two friends with perfectly healthy newborn girls who didn't have a single second of nausea whatsoever. I know it's reassuring to have it, but its absence doesn't mean anything is wrong :hugs:

Definitely will keep updated. My boobs kinda sore and I have small bouts of nausea but thats about it. Light dull cramps here or there.

This one seems different. My hcg levels never rose right with my last losses and this onr is. Also I am measuring on target this time around. I hope it works out as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->