Anyone that had labor stopped

Mother of 4

Mom to 5 & pregnant
Reaction score
So my question is I'm now 38 weeks. I've had all 4 of my kids before 37+5. I had labor stopped at 31+6 and 32+6 then was put on meds to keep contractions away 'til 35 weeks. I've been off the meds since 35 weeks. I'm curious if anyone else out there was put on meds to stop contractions and it affected labor from progressing? The meds aren't suppose to stay in your system but I can't help but believe it's playing a factor in still being pregnant. I know I still have time and hoping it's any min. or any day now. Hoping to heck I've made progress in this last week as I've been stuck at 1cm since 35weeks:wacko: I had lots of pains and contractions this week along with horrible back pain, loose stools, nausea, baby has slowed down a ton with movements and I've been losing little pieces of my plug the last 2 days. Is anyone else in a similar situation??

I had labour stopped at 30 weeks with my son but it started again a few days later and i gave birth

ME! they stopped my labour just short of 35 weeks (or 34 weeks their dates) And i've been in very slow on off labour ever since then. also the headaches that come with the drug (did they give you nifedipine?) have stayed too, i've felt pretty damn awful ever since needing to take the 24hr+ course of drugs so they could let the steroids work for him. I do think it's preventing me going into proper labour as i've had every single labour niggle you could possibly think of, and even been IN labour for 4 hrs, with very little progression, and have it totally stop all of a sudden! It is not unheard of for those drugs to prevent labour, a few people have gone into preterm labour, had it stopped, and been in slow none progressive labour until induction was needed at around 42 weeks, its almost like the drugs have made our body 'forget' how to go into labour or to make it go properly :( I really do feel your pain sweetheart, i've been in and out of hospital and every CTG i've been on have shown regular tightenings that amount to nothing, i've even been sent down to labour ward they were so convinced it was gonna happen, just for it to taper off! *cry*

Hey Mom of 4, your only one day behind me!

I've had loose bowels, strong braxton hicks, awful back pain and lost part of my plug last week. I'm currently 2cm dilated and 50% effaced. I haven't had any fake contractions and never had labor stopped. But this is my first.... so I'm sure whats gonna happen to me is different from your history. Good luck though, from the sound of it, you'll defiantly have your baby before me.

I had labour stopped at 28 weeks, now 31+4, was given a maintenance dose of nifedepine to take daily but it affected my blood pressure so they stopped it. I did alot of research on nifedepine and pre-term labour when it happened and i remember reading some women start labour within 24 hours of stopping the meds, and some women make it to term or go overdue. Everybody's different i suppose.

Hope it happens soon for you :)
xxxx

Thanks for the replies ladies :)

Cupkake.luver-I just got checked and am now 2cm also so the pains have been worth it...made progress this past week :thumbup:

Candyapple-Yes it was Nifedipine (generic of procardia). I talked with my OB today and if I make it to my next check at 39 weeks we will schedule me in the books for around 40 weeks...so at least now we have a plan in place but I really don't think I'll make it to Friday (39 weeks) as I've been having symptoms and contractions daily which are clearly dialating me :thumbup:

twinkle93-I have heard the same thing about some women going right after they stop the meds and then some women hang in there longer due to the meds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"