• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone thinking of changing to TTC?

victoriav

Reaction score
Whilst I really like the laid backness (not a word but never mind) of NTNP, there is something niggling at me that I should be ttc properly. I am 33 and have a sense of time running out and that may be we should be a bit more focused.

However I am worried that I may drive myself mental and that demanding that we have sex on particular days wouldn't feel right and would make it feel like a chore rather than something to be enjoyed.

Has anyone made this move (or thinking about it) from NTNP to TTC? Or tried it and moved back to NTNP?

ANy thoughts good or bad would be appreciated.

With #1 I was pretty laid back but also tracked my fertility. I watched my cervical mucus but didn't chart which gave me enough of an idea when I was fertile, without knowing 100% iykwim. OH was glad of the extra sex as it was a novelty and a bit of a game, kinda like the early days of a relationship.

You could go TTC, but not really tell your OH when you are fertile so he is NTNP. Seduce him, instead of demanding sex. You get better quality sperm if they have room to breath, so DTD frequently in the first half of your cycle could be beneficial.

eta: bfp first cycle.

Well I have decided to make the move from TTC to NTNP.. But to be fair I didnt get a chance to TTC. I went off BCP at the end april, was waiting until August to start TTC and AF decided not to show up before we even started! I just finished a 55 day cycle, and am on CD6 (just spotting) and have decided its too much stress for me to try and chart, take temps, and POAS everyday. Sooo im just going to relax, and see what happens. I had jumped full force into TTC because, like you, I am feeling like time is runing out (just turned 30) but the pressure and stress is not fun!

not really its nice and relaxing here its like a big squishy soft been bag and too comfy to get out of but im hoping to go from here to first tri tbh as do all the ladies im sure please stay xx

I went 4 years of NTNP. Basically all we did was "pull out" most (but not all) of the time. Then we decided to TTC. It took 3 months and BOOM! Here I am 29 weeks pregnant.
Good Luck to you!

i have been ttc and then last cycle i tried ntnp but it was just to hard not to do anything after trying hard out for so long, i really do wish i never started ttc in full force and instead ntnp.
OH hates it when i demand sex on a certain day and i get so upset if we do not have it, i do find temping good though and opks, it makes me feel as though i am doing something good

I'm 33 too, almost 34. We decided to take a more relaxed approach to TTC after a m/c in March. We DTD every other day. No temping, OPK's, etc. I don't know that this actually qualifies as NTNP, but we don't want to stress ourselves out TTC either. If this doesn't work I'm sure we'll step it up, but for now we're both enjoying each other and it's honestly a lot better for us this way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->