anyone tried at home Artifical Insemination

rainbowluv

Reaction score
My wife and I are atill trying to conceive,are there any tips anyone can give us?

Be sure to chart every single feeling cramp temp, backaches etc.. Even discharge info... It will help track ur ovulation... Try the night prior to ovulation... Many do it when it's too late... Relax n have tons of fun... Being stressed wont help! Good luck. Baby dust to all

Hiii;))0 check out this link. It is for home insemination with donor, but guys and girls in that threat are the Number 1 to go to;))

I joined that threat few weeks ago, and found out A LOT of useful informations...

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/a...nsemination-donor-sperm-614.html#post20456171

we just picked a private sperm donor to do at home AI i got a conception kit off line get one with a good syringe and a speculum SP? but one you have a donor and your satasfide with him then just start planning and checking good luck

We use regular oral syrenge that you get in pharmacy, usually for free. I dont think there is a need to get a speculum, becuase you can easily reach close to cervix with 5ml syrenge.

I used a syringe and then a soft cup just to hold everything in place... best of luck x

We did and wife is now pregnant!

We invested in a clearblue ovulation monitor to track ovulation peak and it worked... Fell pregnant first cycle!

Start taking pregnacare vitamins now too :)

11 in total but I did have fertility problems, I did one cycle of soy x

We're getting ready for try #2 this month. The first try we were a little off on the timing. But we know now what to look for and to be ready.

Hi Girls,

My wife & I used a known donor. Did the insemination at home, with a normal sterile 10ml syringe and a soft cup to try and minimise loss.

We're 6 weeks pregnant tomorrow. It worked for us first try.

What I will say, is I knew my cycle like the back of my hand. I tracked my ovulation for 6months prior to trying, and I firmly believe that made the difference.

Remember, sperm lives 72hrs (can live more, but I'm giving text book) and the egg will only survive 24hrs post ovulation. So, the trick is...inseminate 2 days before ovulation, 1 day before, and on the day of ovulation for best chances.

Good luck!! :)

Did you all use a private (known) donor or a sperm bank? We had 2 donors (known), one didn't take it seriously enough so we missed our chance this month and the other wanted to be too involved with the child. How can we find a donor? Sperm bank costs are so high!

We used a private donor but not someone we knew, found him on a fertility group met him once to collect the sperm and that's it really!

we did the same as mummypony.. there are lots of donor sites on the net x

We used a known donor...who we've known for years...he lives 800 miles away and wants nothing to do with our child other than pictures from time to time, which won't be a problem as we text pics, etc most days anyway.

Hi Girls,

My wife & I used a known donor. Did the insemination at home, with a normal sterile 10ml syringe and a soft cup to try and minimise loss.

What I will say, is I knew my cycle like the back of my hand. I tracked my ovulation for 6months prior to trying, and I firmly believe that made the difference.

Remember, sperm lives 72hrs (can live more, but I'm giving text book) and the egg will only survive 24hrs post ovulation. So, the trick is...inseminate 2 days before ovulation, 1 day before, and on the day of ovulation for best chances.

Once the surge arrives can the egg come out? Or is it when the surge has gone it comes out? I think we are missing it!!!

Conceived via AI at home on the 3rd month.
Did no temperature charts or any of that. All i did was noted my ovulation times with clear blue digital ovulation tests for a few months and then went for it.

Now nearly 13 weeks pregnant x

Hi Girls,

Once the surge arrives can the egg come out? Or is it when the surge has gone it comes out? I think we are missing it!!!
your surge is the prediction that ovulation is due, they do say you have a 48hr window in that time until ovulation.. I'm not sure that's always the case as I felt I ovulated on the night of my first LH+ day.. but even then you still have time ..I think its eight hours once the egg is released.. if you have donation on either of your surge days I would say your covering it...

how long have you been trying?

Only tried twice so far - 3rd time this weekend coming. But feels like been trying for a life time. Just ordered some 10ml syringes as I only have 5ml ones also a speculum so I can see which way her cervix opening is pointing. Debating whether to use the speculum so I can deposit the sperm right on the opening. Can't decide what to do

C x

I did use a speculum a couple of times.. and did that.. it wasn't the cycle I conceived but it may help.. good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->