anyone tried at home Artifical Insemination

I just think do it as natural as possible :O)

We could try all of these different methods and equipment but if its going to catch the egg it will catch the egg what ever (words from my doctor)

My doctor told me the more it takes over your life and the more you use different things to interviene the less likely you will relax and it will happen.
We used bog standard method, syringe and lots of tiliting of the pelvis, didnt have an orgasmn afterwards and just relxed, that was the month we concieved :O)

Just relax ladies and it will happen, if the sperm is quick enough and you do it at the right time of the month it will happen if its meant to happen :O)

Good luck xx

Did you all use a private (known) donor or a sperm bank? We had 2 donors (known), one didn't take it seriously enough so we missed our chance this month and the other wanted to be too involved with the child. How can we find a donor? Sperm bank costs are so high!

Loud TickTock I completely understand.my wife and I are going through the same thing right now.I was blessed enough to find someone who was committed thought.It might sound crazy but I found him on Craigslist.I'm not sure what's going on now. I have had funny periods for the past Two months and now my period isate.I don't usually get latepe:dohh:riods N

We could try all of these different methods and equipment but if its going to catch the egg it will catch the egg what ever (words from my doctor)

My doctor told me the more it takes over your life and the more you use different things to interviene the less likely you will relax and it will happen.
We used bog standard method, syringe and lots of tiliting of the pelvis, didnt have an orgasmn afterwards and just relxed, that was the month we concieved :O)

Just relax ladies and it will happen, if the sperm is quick enough and you do it at the right time of the month it will happen if its meant to happen :O)

Good luck xx

I have to agree with the above poster ..the one month I didn't symptom spot or think I was pregnant.. was the month I fell pregnant.. I did use a soft cup because of where I had my donation..lol and it was my one and only month I used soy.. but it was the only month I had ever felt relaxed... I'm now expecting our little boy on Jan 2nd :) so I would say don't let it stress you out, relax as much as you can ladies xx

Good luck xx

I have to agree with the above poster ..the one month I didn't symptom spot or think I was pregnant.. was the month I fell pregnant.. I did use a soft cup because of where I had my donation..lol and it was my one and only month I used soy.. but it was the only month I had ever felt relaxed... I'm now expecting our little boy on Jan 2nd :) so I would say don't let it stress you out, relax as much as you can ladies xx

Wow my dream a boy congrats - cant wait for us to be pregnant. So hard trying to relax when you want something so bad

We'll try xxx

Trust me trying to relax is the hardest thing to do. We wanted it so bad i would cry when we got a negative.
I was so up tight and trying everything possible to make it work. But the month we chilled out and got on with it was the month it worked.
Now we are over the moon.it totally paid off. Xxx

We tried for three or four months with her but she is overweight and doesn't have a regular period every month. I tried for four months but missed my ovulation three or four times in between the four months. We used a syringe and left it in for approximately 30 minutes before taking it out, instead of using the soft cup. We also bought an insemination kit online, with soft cups, syringes, and sterile cups.

My tip would actually be to have an orgasm. I know how it sounds! lol! The 4th month we tried was the only one I had an orgasm with, and we got pregnant this time. Could've been it!

We tried for three or four months with her but she is overweight and doesn't have a regular period every month. I tried for four months but missed my ovulation three or four times in between the four months. We used a syringe and left it in for approximately 30 minutes before taking it out, instead of using the soft cup. We also bought an insemination kit online, with soft cups, syringes, and sterile cups.

My tip would actually be to have an orgasm. I know how it sounds! lol! The 4th month we tried was the only one I had an orgasm with, and we got pregnant this time. Could've been it!

Thankyou for the advice and congrats with the baby.

Our situation was very similar to the above. We have a known donor that we have used twice. He is very easy going and always makes himself available. We use a simple store bought syringe and the *goods* provided by the donor.

This last time we actually had to drive out of state to where he attends university due to the timing of ovulation. We grabbed the goods, parked the car somewhere discreet and did the process. We are big believers in being aroused before insemination and having an orgasm after (we do leave the syringe in until after the orgasm). We did our business and then I was layed out in the back of our SUV on an air mattress with pillows under my behind for the 4 hour trek back home. My partner jokes that we did it just like straight couples... in the back of our car.

I am now almost 6 weeks along and still amused at the story... :laugh2:

im scared,confused, and frustrated because I feel pregnant and the doctor who I told about it was a real ass to me. My urine didn't come up positive neither did my blood. So I demanded a quantitve blood test I have an appointment for results on the 27th of this month.I also had a dream he walked in and told me I was.It was also a girl. My spouse has also been having these dreams.Also my uterus is hard,the doctor didn't even check and told me my milky discharge was a yeast infection. EVERYONE IN THE ROOM LOOKED CONFUSED!!!!

My wife and I used the turkey baster method. We used ovulation tests first so we knew when we were ovulating. I did research and it all says have an orgsam put pillows under your butt to raise your hips I hung off our bed head first for a couple min. We got pregnant first try!!!!! We are 33 weeks expecting our little Leah any time between now and January 3rd

My wife and I used the turkey baster method. We used ovulation tests first so we knew when we were ovulating. I did research and it all says have an orgsam put pillows under your butt to raise your hips I hung off our bed head first for a couple min. We got pregnant first try!!!!! We are 33 weeks expecting our little Leah any time between now and January 3rd

:wave: your due date is the day after mine :)

I have a question. Not trying to be disrespectful or funny. I'm going to be trying at home and want to do it right! When you insert the syringe do you slowly push the plunger or do it fast so it like shoots in?

Do it slowly, you have to wait for the sperm to be liquified before sucking it up into the syringe and if you do it fast most of it will run straight back out. Some will still run out so have someone waiting to catch it if you want to make sure it all goes in.

yeah I agree do it slowly, ..you can also leave the syringe in for a bit to act as a plug xx

Agreed, slowly is much better. We left it to liquify for about 5 minutes or so, slowly drew it up into the syringe and then slowly deployed the plunger. Try not to get any air bubbles in the syringe and we found soft cups helped with leakage and meant that I didn't have to spend ages with my legs in the air!!!
We fell pregnant on our third month of trying, but it was only the third month that we felt the timing was spot on!
Also we'd just come back from holiday and I really think the fact that I was super relaxed really helped! Good luck

oo we all end up on the same pages lol hey Katie :wave:

shyla/India or just plain Terri :)

Hey there,
Me and my wife are waiting to try to concieve with a sperm donor via AI at home. Never tried before and we are desperate to start our family. Any tip / advice very welcome. We are in the UK and finding a genuine donor to begin with is hard.

Also, I will be carrying and think I may need to put on a little bit of weight to concieve.. any tips on the right foods to eat to put some on but in a healthy way would be good too.

Looking forward to hearing peoples success stories too so we know there is a hope :)

Don't want to sound stupid but how long should i wait till i stand up after insertion

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->