Anyone tried Slim Fast?

fairygirl

Pregnant, 1 Angel, 2 Rainbows
Reaction score
I am terrible when it comes to food! In the last couple of months of my pregnancy I was on a low GI diet and walking my dog twice a day as I had to control my GD. It really worked for me and I ended up lighter once I had had my baby, so of course I ate all the naughty things not allowed on the GD diet and have got into bad habits again.
I was thinking of doing the Slim Fast plan for 3 weeks then reintroduce food gradually whilst starting to wean my LO. I really don't have time at the moment to do a proper diet and just want a convenient head start so even healthy food becomes a 'treat'. I want to be buying healthy stuff and be a good role model for my LO and not just buying it for him.

Anyone tried? What do they taste like? I'm assuming they are vegetarian?

No replies, had a google and not worth doing.

Time to be disciplined and low GI then I guess. Oh bread, potatoes and cereal breakfast, how I'll miss you x

I haven't tried it, however I was GD and since Jan I have been on the low GI as I will always have the possibility of developing Diabetes type 2 in about 7yrs.

I have lost 13lb on it so far and will continue on it. There are times I go off it and say stuff it, but I always come back to it.

I don't want to be GD again with number 2 so trying to get it as a habit now.

My mother did slim fast for years.. she did stay tiny when she done it but... once she stopped she gained the weight back VERY quickly.

I would say it may be a good helper in starting your diet but try not to just stick just that.

i thought the slim fast was slightly pointless, skimmed milk and slim powder??
and it gives u an additional over 200kcal a serving?? (i thnk) and i dint think it made me full til lunch/dinner and the additional calories r jus silly, i wanted 2 reduce my calorie intake!!!!
i was 9st 6, and now im 10st 6!! i want to lose a stone!!!
my lil boy is 6mnths old, :) tried dieting on n off, but with work, babies, older children, i have been lazy, (had late dinners) lots of convenience food etc!!

my GOLDEN rule for dieting is try and eat 5fruit n veg, drink extra fluid (even jus 1pt of water a day will make a big diffrence) and DO NOT eat after 6pm!! and wher possible, do a bit of a workout b4 breakfast (that way ur body uses ur fat stores, instead of food from your belly,) as it is empty)

Works in the sense that it forces you to limit your calories, so you'll lose weight. But you're still not learning how to eat properly, so at some point when you stop living on slimfast you'll have to figure out how to eat normally and keep weight off.

I'm starting it this morning, I might do 2 weeks, one week off (Healthy eating 3 meals per day) so my metab doesn't totally stop haha ::) I'll let you know how i get on if you want?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->