Anyone tried this for mastitis?

WanaBaba

Reaction score
Hi. I've had mastitis 3 times now! This third time in both boobs!! The second time I had it was the worst, had it for a week and nothing worked, not anti biotics, massage or anything. It was hell i felt so I'll I couldn't take it anymore was willing to try anything so did a lot of googling and ended up in the shower with the water on quite hot and combing my boob over the sore area from outside to nipple. Whilst throwing some hand expressing in there too! Eventually the milk came shooting out it was awsome!! So when I developed it this time (didnt notice I had it til I got the fluey feeling like crap symptoms agen) I went straight in shower with my comb and managed to unblock one side. the other one tool a second shower to fully unblock. What I also do I after the shower feed on my hands and knees in the 'cow' position so gravity can help pull the blockage out!
So anyway just wondering if anyone else has tried this and if not hopefully this will help someone!

Yup tried this the other day, using hand pump in super hot shower. Didn't work for me, although it has in the past. Eventually a sonic toothbrush over the sore bit seemed to help break it down, as even baby feeding wasn't helping. Blocked ducts are the worst!

I've had mastitis twice before and both times I managed to unplug the duct while massaging and squeezing the sore area while taking a very hot shower. The water had to be hot, other it wouldn't work. Maybe the heat causes some dilation or something

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->