anyone trued hypnobirthing with an induction?

jubilee

Reaction score
I am over and it's not looking good for me right now. No signs at all and I'm getting really worried.

Has anyone been induced and still managed to breathe through it?

My Mother had be induced with me and as far as I'm aware had a drug-free birth. Soem babies just take longer, its natural i was 2 weeks late and still tiny, but in perfect health. Maybe try looking up online about inducing and the pro's and con's and why its necessary. In the meantime why dont you try everything to try and induce yourself, could be fun!

I haven't had my baby yet, but there were lots of stories on my hypnobirth instructor's website detailing just what you are asking, and every one of them was happy with their hypnobirthing experience (even if one or two of them eventually had gas & air)

I had both my older children with no drugs. both were pitocin babies. I dont think anyone knew about anything other than lamaze back then and I opted not to take that. So Im sure if you choose to do it drug free (with the exception of the induction drug) that you will be quite successful. I was :) Good luck!

Don't be too focused on drug free labour. I did hypnobirthing, and it was brilliant but gas and air was a life saver as far as I was concerned. Mog had to be yanked out by forceps after a spinal, and frankly the accepting attitude of hypnobirthing meant that I was just fine with that, so long as it ended in healthy baby and healthy mum, which it did.

Be flexible and open, embrace your birth however it happens and you won't end up being one of those bitter I-wanted-a-waterbirth-and-got-a-csection mums ;) Best of luck, now go and get a sweep or two :) Worked for me!

Hopefully you will have gone into labour naturally as I type!

I had an induction with DD but I wanted to make use of my hypnobirthing techniques. I did end up with a fairly natural birth - although did use gas and air from 4cm to about 8cm as I found that the hardest. Strangely enough towards the end of the first stage I didn't want the gas and air and found my breathing was much more controlled without the gas and air. I think next time I would be able to cope better without it as it took a while to understand my body didn't really need it, my mind did!

Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine and still have a wonderful birth experience

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back