anyone ttc after a dnc :(

GemNJay

Reaction score
hiya

i had a dnc in december 09, after i found id had a blighted ovum at my 12 week scan. since me and my oh hav been ttc with no luck. the pg was a surprise, and so i didnt think it would take so long to concieve. i know that sounds niave of me.

can anyone share any experiences? maybe the dnc has left me infertile .... i dont know. does anyone know , would i contact my doctor or the hospital

please help xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i had a dnc in november, and i'm still ttc my cycles are all over the place still and i have spotting in between periods, i never had any problems before my mc, mine too was a blighted ovum, i'm going back to the docs this week with my little diary i have been keeping for 3 months to see whats goin on in there xxxx

I had a D&C on March 2nd because I found out at our 8 week scan the baby stopped developing a couple weeks earlier :/ Since then we've been TTC and haven't had any luck. I discovered through charting that my luteal phase since the procedure is 9 days so I'm worried it will be very hard to conceive this time around but all we can do is keep trying. I know it's so easy to lose faith and think it will never happen but just keep trying! If you don't already, you should start BBT charting on fertilityfriend.com. I have found that very helpful. It feels good to know when you are ovulating. Keep an eye out for cervical mucus, low post ovulation temperatures or luteal phase defect (less than 10 days between ovulation and period). I hope I helped :)

Good luck sweetie!
<3 Amanda

A good idea would be to contact you OBGYN and have him scan you for possible uterine scaring that can come from D&Cs. That fear was the exact reason why I didn't go in for a scraping and opted not to unless I absolutely had to when I MCed at 9w2d. Good luck hun, but also remember that it can take the average couple a year to finally conceive. I know it's hard waiting, but always think positive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->