Anyone TTC after a loss with irregular cycles?

Eternal

Three boys!
Reaction score
Im looking for and needing a bubby, I just lost my baby at 11 weeks, it was a MMC and had to have an ERCP on Friday.

We need to wait 2 weeks due to anti-biotics but am going to TTC again after that. Im worried what my cycles will be like, anyone else in a simular boat want to be buddies?

Hi Eternal
sorry for your loss :hugs:
I had a MMC at 12 +1 and the baby stopped growing around 6 weeks after we had seen the heart beat :cry:
I have very irregular cycles. I went 6 months last year without AF but I wasn't TTC then so wasn't a big deal. I did have some blood tests and everything came back fine.
I am now nearly 8 weeks on from my D and C and still no sign of :witch:
I have started taking Agnus Castus to try and regulate my cycles and I have had a few AF type cramps since last week so hopefully it will rear its ugly head soon.
I just feel a bit in limbo at the moment.
sending you lots of :dust: and hope that you don't have to wait to long for AF

Hello, So sorry for your loss. I had a mmc mid december, only bled for a few days. I am still waiting for af although we have been ntnp. I thought i ov'd about 14days ago but no sign of af and bfn so i am now thinking i have no clue what is going on. I guess we have no choice but to wait it out. I am not finding it easy but trying very hard to stay positive. Have bought some preseed for when i am back to normal so i feel like i have done something positive,lol. Would be good to have some buddies to wait it out with ;)

So sorry for your losses ladies.

It would be so good to keep up with you guys. after i had my son i didnt have a period for ages, so wondering if it may be the same this time!

I had to take Norethisterone last time to sort me out and this time i things dont settle down i am going to beg for the stuff lol!

Let hope for all of us to get our bfp and have healthy 9 months this time. scared i will miscarry again but need to be doing something.

I heard you can use vitamin c to bring on a period but you really need to be 100% sure if you use that as it will cause a miscarrage if you are pregnant.

Hey there!

I had a MMC and ended up having an ERPC on the 1st November, we wanted to TTC right away but as yet still have had no AF. I went to doctors on Friday and she told me it was quite normal for the AF not to have arrived by now and that I should try not to stress ( easier said than done ;) ) anyway she has agreed that if no sign on my AF in 4 weeks then I can go back and be referred.
So even if your cycles don't come back as soon as you thought then it seems there is help out there and even more helpful, I have found, are the lovely ladies on this site!

Good luck to you all, here's hopping 2011 is our year :)))

Sxx

Hi there. I had mmc on 1st Nov, resulting in erpoc on the 5th Nov :( I had my first Period 5 weeks later, but am still wating my second... I am nearly 5 days late, so I guess we'll be messed up for a while... Good luck x x x

mine are all over the place too. m/c 1st november at 6weeks then took t and half weeks for AF to show up. Now on day ey of this cycle and no AF and BFN on HPT. Its pants i just want my cycles to return to my relatively 'normal' 32 days!

Xxx

Awwww ladies, it sucks doenst it? i hope you all get back to normal soon and get your bfps xxx

I think its different for everyone - I know ladies who havent had an af for months after mc and I know others who got bfp the same cycle

for me they were fine after my first mmc but I was on clomid but this time theyve gone back to my previous unpredictable pcos cycles

fingers crossed yours will settle down x

Hi Eternal
So sorry about your loss. I had my ERPC 2 weeks ago today and I'm still bleeding/spotting a little bit. It took me a few months to get pregnant and I think it was partly to do with my irregular cycles - anything from 27 to 40 days. I'm hoping things might steady themselves after my MC but who knows!
Good luck once you start trying again. There seem to be so many of us who MC-ed around Christmas/New Year. I hope we all have happier 2011s xx

:hugs: I'm so sorry for your loss.

I've always had irregular cycles but after my miscarriage in the spring they went completely haywire. They went from really long to really short (18 day cycles with 10 day bleeds) and I wasn't ovulating. I got all my bloods tested and even got an ultrasound but everything came up completely normal which made things even more frustrating! Then after the summer I started what would be a 70+day cycle (before my loss I had cycles in the 28 - 45 day range). Well, I ovulated that cycle....finally....and I got my bfp.

Just wanted to encourage you ladies that having irregular cycles don't have to stand in the way of catching relatively quickly.

Best of luck. :hugs:

Me! Me! :)

So sorry for your loss :(

I had regular cycles up until 11/2009. I went 8 weeks without a period and was convinced I was pregnant despite having A LOT of negative HPTs. In 1/2010 I found out I had a complex cyst :( After 3 months back on BCP, it went away. Ever since then, my cycles have been really irregular. I got pregnant in October, but just had a miscarriage last month. I just got my first AF since the miscarriage a few days ago.

My doctor said that sometimes after having a miscarriage can regulate your cycles again. I am so hoping he is right. There was no reason why my cycles were so irregular, I don't have endo or PCOS. It was really heartbreaking having such long cycles and not always ovulating, to finally get pregnant (we have been trying for a few years) and lose the baby :(

We will be trying again in March.

i think the most common reason for irregular cycles is hormornal, it seems to be the case for me anyway. I hoping if my cycles are regular i will fall really quickly, because after coming of the implant i had 2 normal cycles and caught on the second, after my son i had months and months of hell, but once i took medication and get a regular cycle again, it was again the second month of a "proper" cycle i caught.

im hoping things will be ok this time and hubby is convinced ill catch on my second cycle, would be fantastic if thats the case but im not too sure ill be regular.

but im sick of doctors not taking me seriously, so this time ill insist i got back on the medication i was on to regularate me if ive not in the next 3 months. im not the most patient person and it took 8 months to get my last bfp.

Hi,

I've always had long and irregular cycles because of my PCOS but since having my son they have got worse. I've only had 2 periods since I've had him! I had a mc on 17th Nov and haven't had af since. I've been doing OPKs and keep getting near positive results but not definite positives. I'm going to the doctors next week to see if he can do anything for me

Big :hugs: to everyone x

awwww it sucks doenst it! i had a continous period for almoist 8 months after having my son, i was soooooooo ill! arh! so hoping im hoping that doenst happen again. hopfully the doc will give you something to sort you out! i def will be making sure i get the medication i used to sort it out last time if it goes haywire again.

Yeah I'm hoping the doctor will help me out but given that it took 6 years for me to be diagnosed with PCOS, I'm not holding out much hope. I think I will just have to be quite insistant. What medication were you on last time?

i was on noristherone, my consulant told me to take it from day 5 i think for 20 days and in 2 months my body was already in a 25 day cycle :D i stopped taking it (once i wasnt bleeding past 5 days) and i conceived on my second cycle ... you cant TTC when on it though which is gutting, but its better than birth control which can really mess you up ... good luck xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->