Anyone TTC or in TWW?

ace28

TTC #2
Reaction score
Hi all, it's been awhile since I've been on these boards but we are back to TTC so here I am! I'm the NGP this go-round (I carried our now 2 year old son) and I was just wondering if there were any other same sex couples currently TTC or in a TWW? We are on day 2 currently and it is going SOOOO slowly! Gah. It's even harder being the NGP because it's not my body so I can't symptom spot or obsess as much!

Anyone else?

No not this time round, maybe next year! Good luck and hope it all goes well!! :flower:

Thanks! It took first try- we're preggers now!

Woah! Congratulations Ace!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

I'm in my TWW... we're testing on the 14th!

Well things have been in motion since July. However we encountered several bumps in the road and this is our first month trying. Our donor moves on the 19th, so if this month didn't work we have to find someone new. We'll figure something out though!

Well things have been in motion since July. However we encountered several bumps in the road and this is our first month trying. Our donor moves on the 19th, so if this month didn't work we have to find someone new. We'll figure something out though!

I understand "bumps." There were so many times where we were like yes, this is the month! And then... Nevermind. It's not.

We actually kind of threw together this past cycle last-minute: contacted the donor a week before and luckily he was available, luckily she ovulated on schedule, and luckily we got pregnant!

Any symptoms for you this TWW? How many DPO are you? And have you and and previous kiddos? :flower:

I have all the symptoms. :haha:

I wasn't able to pinpoint ovulation this month... i'm either 10-14 dpo.... or I ovulated later than I hoped and we missed it. My ovulation is a little sporadic and a lot of the typical ovulation indicators don't work well for me. I got a BFN on a pee stick yesterday...However, my family has a pretty solid history of being pregnant and getting negatives on pee sticks.

SO... right now I'm bloated enough to look 14 weeks pregnant, peeing a lot, hungry, food aversions (but no vomiting), weird cravings (Yesterday I was craving chickpeas in pickles juice. :shrug: ) and I'm crying at huggies commercials :cry: .

We'll see what happens!

This will be our first child, whenever he or she is conceived!!!

Congratulations to you on your pregnancy! :happydance:

The 2WW has now turned into the 3WW for me! (very uncommon) has this happened to anyone else before?

I have all the symptoms. :haha:

I wasn't able to pinpoint ovulation this month... i'm either 10-14 dpo.... or I ovulated later than I hoped and we missed it. My ovulation is a little sporadic and a lot of the typical ovulation indicators don't work well for me. I got a BFN on a pee stick yesterday...However, my family has a pretty solid history of being pregnant and getting negatives on pee sticks.

SO... right now I'm bloated enough to look 14 weeks pregnant, peeing a lot, hungry, food aversions (but no vomiting), weird cravings (Yesterday I was craving chickpeas in pickles juice. :shrug: ) and I'm crying at huggies commercials :cry: .

We'll see what happens!

This will be our first child, whenever he or she is conceived!!!

Congratulations to you on your pregnancy! :happydance:

Ohhhhh I really hope you are!!! Can you wait a few more days and go get a blood test?

The 2WW has now turned into the 3WW for me! (very uncommon) has this happened to anyone else before?

I used to have reallllllyyyy long cycles which was so frustrating because even after the TWW was done and I wasn't pregnant, I still had to wait another month for AF to start.

GTT i'm officially in my three week wait!

Ace, I think after the 14th if i'm still getting a negative result I'll go get a blood test.

Congrats Ace, I hope that all goes really well.

I'm a newbie and by the looks of things I need to get up to speed with the acronyms :winkwink:

Ok, to introduce our journey - we are going for our first IUI with a known donor and I have just started taking my injections this eve. We're excited for what's to come and hopefully it will all go to plan.

hey guys,

We're about to start out first TTC cycle after about 3/4 months on planning/charting/forgetting to chart/charting again.

We have a known donor and we're giving a crack ourselves (soft cup style) before considering the clinic route.

hey guys,

We're about to start out first TTC cycle after about 3/4 months on planning/charting/forgetting to chart/charting again.

We have a known donor and we're giving a crack ourselves (soft cup style) before considering the clinic route.

That's how we've gotten preggers both times with both of ours! Good luck and let me know if you want any "practical" how-to's, lol

That's how we've gotten preggers both times with both of ours! Good luck and let me know if you want any "practical" how-to's, lol

We'll happily take any hints you want to send our way :winkwink:

hey guys,

Hi there FFand JZ,

We're also starting our first TTC. We are going the clinic route and I have started my meds this week.

I have been keeping track of my CDs but not done any temp mapping :) I'll be leaving that bit up to the clinic.

I wish you the very best with your attempt.

Hi there FFand JZ,

We're also starting our first TTC. We are going the clinic route and I have started my meds this week.

I have been keeping track of my CDs but not done any temp mapping :) I'll be leaving that bit up to the clinic.

Hey! :)

How are you finding the whole clinic route so far?

Hi there FFand JZ,

Hey! :)

How are you finding the whole clinic route so far?

We are in Ireland and so I'm sure that the process has the same basis in all countries, but is not covered by public or private health insurance here, so we gotta pay for everything.
We had our first consultation in August and with all the testing etc, we are now ready for IUI.
We're using non-anonymous donor via the clinic, which means that when the child is 18, they have the option of finding out who the father is.
In regards to how the clinic are handling things, there are a couple of things that they didn't inform us about where if we knew the info, we would have timed some tests differently. E.g. The virals have to be done within 3months of the first IUI attempt, but some of the same results are required as part of the donor profiling, so if we knew that, we would have done them a bit later, but within enough time for them still to be valid for the first attempt.
We've to get them done again tomorrow when I go in for cd8 u/s and the results will be pushed through as I'll be starting (hopefully) the first IUI on this cycle.
Most of the nurses are quite good, as in explaining everything, but there's one that we try to avoid as she can be a bit abrupt and I get the impression that she expects the patients to know what's coming next!!
Overall, we're having a pleasant experience :winkwink::

I am self injecting at the moment and thoughts of that at the start was scary, but it's no bother now!! :thumbup: I suppose the more I'm doing it the easier it's getting.

hey guys,

That's how we got pregnant with our little sweetie. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->