Anyone TTC or in TWW?

I ended up getting my period on my birthday, the 22nd of December. Skipped trying this cycle and are trying again next cycle. Our old donor moved a few states away, so we're now in the process of 1.) finding a new donor or 2.) going the sperm bank route or 3.) Flying to the old donor for inseminations.... all are possibilities!

I'm in Kansas, USA and my general practitioner is my 'clinic.' Most places around here won't do it. . . but she's prescribed me fertility medications and can do iui... so that's nice. I also have PCOS so timing it out and doing it at home isn't as easy / as much of an option. ALSO, here in Kansas if you get pregnant in a drs office it automatically severs paternity...so that's nice!

I ended up getting my period on my birthday, the 22nd of December. Skipped trying this cycle and are trying again next cycle. Our old donor moved a few states away, so we're now in the process of 1.) finding a new donor or 2.) going the sperm bank route or 3.) Flying to the old donor for inseminations.... all are possibilities!

I'm in Kansas, USA and my general practitioner is my 'clinic.' Most places around here won't do it. . . but she's prescribed me fertility medications and can do iui... so that's nice. I also have PCOS so timing it out and doing it at home isn't as easy / as much of an option. ALSO, here in Kansas if you get pregnant in a drs office it automatically severs paternity...so that's nice!

How cruel of aunt flow to come on your birthday! That's coldhearted. Wow! Thats an awesome doctor. I can't even imagine living in the Midwest. Up here in the Pacific Northwest it's so liberal and super LGBT friendly. Yeah, PCOS really would make it hard to do the home route. Are there any sperm banks in the area? I know that isn't the cheapest way to do it either! It makes it so much easier that having it done in a clinic nulls paternity. In WA, whoever the birth mother is married to when the child is born automatically has parental rights as long as the child is born when the couple is married legally, regardless of sex.
I wish you the best of luck!

Shoot, I should move to Washington!

There are no sperm banks near by. Our back up bank is the sperm bank of California. The Midwest isn't SOOOO bad...but I certainly wouldn't mind NOT being here. =)

Shoot, I should move to Washington!

There are no sperm banks near by. Our back up bank is the sperm bank of California. The Midwest isn't SOOOO bad...but I certainly wouldn't mind NOT being here. =)

It's amazing here. I'm originally from New Jersey so it's a huge difference. I love it here. People are so rude and judgemental in NJ. There is so much crime, too. Here, it's all laid back and grundgey free spirit earthy people. It's fantastic. Dang, so you guys have to have it shipped to you. That has got to suck.

Yeah. The shipping takes time off of the nitro tank and it costs about 200 JUST for shipping. Crazy stuff!

I'll probably never get out of the Midwest, even though I joke about it. We've got our little bubbles of earthy love here, too!

And I bet there's some kind of deposit on the tank, right? When we looked into it there was like a $600 deposit. I swear its not fair how expensive it is to make a baby sometimes. My ob said its a load of crap and sperm banks shouldn't be allowed to charge so much lol
When we first looked into the idea of ttc, we were going to try seattle reproductive medicine for an IUI. We didn't realize the insane cost. First, we would've had to have our donor's sperm quarantined for 6 months at a sperm bank, which isn't free by any means! Then, I'd have our intake appointment and legal counseling to make sure my DW and I and the donor understood what we were getting into. All in all, the final cost of one cycle with the 6 month quarantine would've been around $3,500-5,000. Of course insurance wouldn't help at all due to me being a young healthy fertile mertile.

Hi girls,

Yes the cost of the clinic/donor sperm routes can be quite expensive, but the investment will be really worth it when a beautiful baby arrives :thumbup:

I am now officially in the tww :happydance: We went in for my monitoring yesterday - us and bloods and the results came back indicating that I was ready for IUI. We're both so excited. I know that the next tw will be very hard, but we're planning on not doing a test until the morning of my official blood test with the clinic.

I'm wishing you all the very best of luck and hope this baby dust sticks :dust:

I wish you the best of luck and I'll keep my fingers crossed and send sticky baby dust your way!

Hi everybody, I'm not technically TTC anymore, but I'm in the TWW for my first ultrasound. Had IUI Dec. 22, hcg's on the 12dpo (77) and 14dpo (309) suggest everything is going good - now just need to see a heartbeat...!! Scan is booked for January 28.

Our story is a little different as my wife is trans, but saved some swimmers prior to her transition. :) Looking forward to having our first together (she has two and I have one from previous relationships)

Hi everybody, I'm not technically TTC anymore, but I'm in the TWW for my first ultrasound. Had IUI Dec. 22, hcg's on the 12dpo (77) and 14dpo (309) suggest everything is going good - now just need to see a heartbeat...!! Scan is booked for January 28.

Our story is a little different as my wife is trans, but saved some swimmers prior to her transition. :) Looking forward to having our first together (she has two and I have one from previous relationships)

ooooh that sounds really exciting, FX'ed for you both and a little bit of added baby dust :dust:

I'm not up to speed with testing yet so what does the numbers represent?

hcg is the hormone present during pregnancy (the same one pee sticks test for). In a healthy pregnancy, that number should double every 48 hours or so (range is 24-72) for the first few weeks. Once it's above 12,000 it'll double every 72-96 hours. :)

Thanks for the baby dust, we are very excited!! Looking forward to the scan on the 28th to make sure all is well.

hcg is the hormone present during pregnancy (the same one pee sticks test for). In a healthy pregnancy, that number should double every 48 hours or so (range is 24-72) for the first few weeks. Once it's above 12,000 it'll double every 72-96 hours. :)

Thanks for the baby dust, we are very excited!! Looking forward to the scan on the 28th to make sure all is well.

ah.... ok, so are there any poas out there that tell the levels or is it just results of bloods?

The clearblue digitals don't tell you the actual number, but will estimate the number of weeks for you - but it's confusing, because they estimate the weeks since implantation, not the actual number of weeks as measured by your doc (the clinic will always measure from the first day of your last period). So the difference between what the digital test says and how pregnant you are according to your doc is around 2-3 weeks.

How exciting! Congratulations. Those are good numbers! I've of my fingers crossed for you.

Sperm bank of California doesn't have a tank deposit if shipping within the states, it's just the 250 ish dollars to get it shipped. . . NOW, if you don't get it back in their time line you get a daily charge.

It is crazy in cost... however, the potential saving in legal fees from the paternity being severed can be a HUGE. :thumbup:

We'll see! I just faxed over all of my paper work to SBOC today and should be completely registered in the next week. I've also got my femara refilled and am ready to try again as soon as the next cycle starts! We've got our donor picked out and everything. :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Congratulations tristansmom!!! That's so exciting! FX for a sticky bean.

Sperm bank of California doesn't have a tank deposit if shipping within the states, it's just the 250 ish dollars to get it shipped. . . NOW, if you don't get it back in their time line you get a daily charge.

It is crazy in cost... however, the potential saving in legal fees from the paternity being severed can be a HUGE. :thumbup:

We'll see! I just faxed over all of my paper work to SBOC today and should be completely registered in the next week. I've also got my femara refilled and am ready to try again as soon as the next cycle starts! We've got our donor picked out and everything. :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Congratulations tristansmom!!! That's so exciting! FX for a sticky bean.
Yay! Sticky baby dust to you!

We are in Ireland and so I'm sure that the process has the same basis in all countries, but is not covered by public or private health insurance here, so we gotta pay for everything.
We had our first consultation in August and with all the testing etc, we are now ready for IUI.
We're using non-anonymous donor via the clinic, which means that when the child is 18, they have the option of finding out who the father is.
In regards to how the clinic are handling things, there are a couple of things that they didn't inform us about where if we knew the info, we would have timed some tests differently. E.g. The virals have to be done within 3months of the first IUI attempt, but some of the same results are required as part of the donor profiling, so if we knew that, we would have done them a bit later, but within enough time for them still to be valid for the first attempt.
We've to get them done again tomorrow when I go in for cd8 u/s and the results will be pushed through as I'll be starting (hopefully) the first IUI on this cycle.
Most of the nurses are quite good, as in explaining everything, but there's one that we try to avoid as she can be a bit abrupt and I get the impression that she expects the patients to know what's coming next!!
Overall, we're having a pleasant experience :winkwink::

I am self injecting at the moment and thoughts of that at the start was scary, but it's no bother now!! :thumbup: I suppose the more I'm doing it the easier it's getting.

Clinic route with an anonymous donor was not really an option for us. Victoria (Australia) has some pretty ridiculous rules about somer donors. In a nutshell, you have to use the donor's registered here, and they have to agree to their "identifying information" (name, dob etc etc) being available on the donor registry which can be accessed by (what the law calls) "donor conceived children". Because of this there are few people who want to donate, I think the number might even be as low as 100 for the whole of Victoria. Also the gov has rules around imported sperm which render that route impossible. So unless you manage to get a donor through Victorian clinics, then you're left with finding a known donor.

Sorry you've had a run in with a rubbish nurse but glad its otherwise going well! Good luck for your TWW!!!!

Tristansmom - congrats to you and the wife! (Commend her on her decision to store some swimmers away somewhere. Friend of mine wishes she'd done that but was convinced at the time she didn't ever want kids, now she's not so sure!)

We're now about 10(isn) days from expected ovulation and it feels like it's full steam ahead. Dinner with the donor this week to get the donor agreement finalised and signed.

I've also been in to my weird but LOVELY acupuncture man and have been jabbed with a heap of pins and have about 4,243,598 pills to take a day (that's NOT an a exaggeration as anyone who's done the traditional chinese medicine route will know).

I'm getting quite stupidly nervous about the whole thing.... tell me that's normal!?!?!

Being nervous is SOOOO normal! I felt like my heart was going to jump out of my throat when we picked up the sperm from our donor. Even MORE nervous when we took it into the drs office. Even MORE nervous when she stared at it under a microscope!

BUT - All went well there. Haven't gotten pregnant yet, but THAT part has gone fine!!!

I am officially anxiously awaiting my next cycle to start. We are now fully registered with the sperm bank of california and our donors are picked. I'm so ready! I figured out that if I get my period when I think i will (and we conceived) that the baby would be due right around Thanksgiving.

I'm so anxious to meet my baby. One day. One day.

THose of you who are just about to start the IUI journey - I am SO excited for you!! Best of luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->