• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone use G-Diapers or Flip system diaper? What do you think?

hobbnob

Reaction score
I want to use a hybrid diaper. Cloth outershell with a disposable inserted pad and I've found a few types like G-Diapers and Flip system diapers. Just want to know if anyone has tried these? What's your opinion?

I want to use a hybrid diaper. Cloth outershell with a disposable inserted pad and I've found a few types like G-Diapers and Flip system diapers. Just want to know if anyone has tried these? What's your opinion?

I actually don't think much of hybrids when used with the disposable inserts. The disposable inserts contain nearly as much plastic, paper etc as a whole disposable nappy but are rarely anywhere near as absorbent, so you'd use 2 disposable inserts where you'd only use 1 disposable nappy. I don't think there's any environmental advantage to them at all, you may as well use an 'eco disposable' instead and save yourself the hassle. Cloth nappies aren't hassle but using what is essentially a cloth nappy AND a disposable nappy doubles the work you have to do - washing the cloth part and disposing of the insert. So I would either look at using full cloth nappies (and hybrids used with cloth inserts are often great, I love Flips) or just use eco sposies, if environment is why you're considering it. It'd cost much more to use hybrids with disposable inserts too - more than full cloth and more than eco sposies.

You should ask in the natural parenting section too, lots of cloth (including hybrid) users there :)

Thanks. I just can't see myself using cloth diapers if I have to wash them myself but I thought the hybrids might be a better alternative. I know me and I know I hate dealing with poop. And if I have to spray down cloth diapers and wash poop in my washing machine, I will not be wanting to do that for long. Thanks for your input!

Is this your first baby? A lot changes when you have your first, including how well you're able to deal with poo :rofl: And if you plan to BF, you wouldn't need to do anything with poo until you introduce solids as BF poo is water soluble so just goes in the machine. It doesn't leave mess anywhere :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->