anyone use pain control first time but nothing 2nd time?

I had diamorpine and g&a with my first. It was a hospital birth and was very relaxed but it was long and I was strapped onto monitor on my back because my bp was high.
Second labour I had no pain relief at all. Felt much more comfortable at home and I was in a different state of mind PPlus I stayed very active throughout.

I had gas and air first time and nothing second time round.
I found it more painful first time round to be honest! And I had g&a and a pool.
It's definitely do-able, very intense, I found it really hard through some of the contractions but it was great. I posted my birth story if you're interested x

It's on the thread I posted about having my secon successful home birth, it's a few down on the page x

I had epidural (pitocin induction) with #1 and nothing with #2 (back to back). It was very painful but nothing compared to the pitocin. It was very difficult but well worth it as recovery was a breeze. I survived!

I had an epidural with my first and nothing with my second. Both were hospital births but I felt much more in control the second time.

With my 1st I had everything going all the way to a general aesthetic for EMCS
dd2 and dd3 were both naturally born without any pain relief at all. Much better experiences.
I used VBAC natal hynotherapy for dd2 for a bit of mental preparation and I do believe it helped tremedously with how I handled the labour and births. Would recommend anyone to have a listen to some.
All 3 were hospital births.

I was opposite to everyone else! First labour, I had time to recover between contractions and managed to breathe through every contraction. It felt manageable. 2nd labour, once established, was very intense with no time between contractions to gather myself, so I had G&A. I think I found it more painful because there was no respite to recover.
Both were home births with a pool.

1st baby in hospital - water's broken, back to back baby, epidural... (all the pain was in my back - felt like a train crushing it - no pain at all at the front)

2nd baby - at home, baby in good position - no pain relief at all. Completely different experience (contractions at the front - very do-able - no pain at all in the back.) 2nd baby 2lbs heavier than the first!

x

1st baby in hospital - water's broken, back to back baby, epidural... (all the pain was in my back - felt like a train crushing it - no pain at all at the front)

2nd baby - at home, baby in good position - no pain relief at all. Completely different experience (contractions at the front - very do-able - no pain at all in the back.) 2nd baby 2lbs heavier than the first!

x
Both mine were back to back so I'm now praying for a normal presentation this time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->