Anyone Using DHEA?

Omi

A Mummy At Last!
Reaction score
Hiya

As am 40 and soon to be 41 and everything has come up as ok, i.e. tests - Ive been told the only thing holding me back is my eggs. So since have raisin eggs :) have come across DHEA which is meant to strengthen release of good eggs and help ovulation etc..

https://www.centerforhumanreprod.com/premature_ovaries.html if anyone needs the info... :)

Just wondered if anyone else is using this at all?

Cheers and :dust:

Omi xxx

Hi OMI
I have been using it for two months now- felt quite a few side effects the first two weeks like bad moods, aggression and spots but has settled now. fs said he couldn't guarentee it would work but had no objections to me taking it prior to ivf in march

Thanks, hun and all the best with your ivf!! xxx

thanks OMI
I was really hoping to avoid it and my chances of it working are really low but just one more try.......
hope you get lucky soon too x

https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-conceive-over-35/409697-dhea.html

Here is a thread i had started. I recommend begining on a low dose. 25 mg every other day worked for me. Everyday was too much. Would like to move to 10 mg every other day.
I began the Dhea for adrenal fatigue. You may have that issue as well with the hypothyroidism....

Hi I too have 'pants' eggs!!
I looked at dhea and am very interested in what happens to you with it as I am Hypothyroid, subclinical. Anyway I have just ordered. Spirulina, Larginine, Maca, Royal Jelly and CoQ10 for the same reasons.... We can study each other.......FWIW!!!!

i am not sure if its doing anything or not I am taking 25mg daily. I do think my pms is worse with it and i have spots but I dont care if it is making super eggs. I cant say I have any more energy and am a bit reluctant to up the dose. My blood tests that the fs was doing show something cuz on cd 15 on two different months the second month oestrogen was twice what it was firsr month but i don't knoiw if that is good or bad!!

Thanks for the suggestions and advice, i really appreciate it and wish you all the best :dust:

Omi xxx

anyone out there experience of trying dhea? I ave been taking for 2 months but have just stoped . I felt it was completely changing my personality with really bad moods like pmt all the time and really bad acne. also read a few things bout it changing blood results etc and messing hormones etc prior to ivf expecially if u werent deficient in the first place so all things considered i stopped it just worried now i have wrecked my hormones for ivf in march any one any ideas??

Maybe you should try keto dhea then? It doesnt convert to sex hormones like convential dhea. But frankly, at the end of the day you have to do what's best for you, chicken.

How quickly did you get side effects? Ive been on it for a few weeks and have had none whatsoever..maybe im just lucky or they havent kicked in yet.. :)

All the best, hun! :hugs:

Hey OMI
how u doin. I started to get symptoms bout 6 weeks in been off it now nearly a week and the moods are a bit better but still not great spots are enormous lol
I always react very differently to others when i take meds- i have fibromyalgia/ ME so I wonder if that affects things. still dissapointed cuz dhea sounds so good so now i am taking royal jelly, along with other usual stuff x

Thanks Glitter!

Looks i might have some bit to go then before i can say defenitely...oh, dear, lol! Well, we'll see and i shall keep you updated, Mrs. Sorry that it was so bad for you..thats a bummer :hugs:

Ive heard coenzyme q10 is supposed to be good too, for egg quality etc... might be worth a shot? Dont feel to bad about the dhea, from what i read it doesnt work for everyone, just like anything else...:hugs:

all the best Glitter and :dust:

really hope it works for you omi xxx i am thinking maybe it is a sign that i dont need it- trying to take the positive approach! love the pic by the way i have two cats who r my babies and a dog who i just love to pieces
good luck for this cycle xx

aw, thanks hun. The same to you :dust:

I just read your posts and thanks ladies for the info.... I am also over 35 and I am on 6 months of ttc... I have an infertility appointment at the end of this month but I want to make a good effort this month on my own.... I am already using soy isoflavones but wanted to try something else also....

So what are your thoughts then on Royal jelly? And I read about DHEA- do you recommend it then? Any other supplements you think are important for ttc over 35 for good eggs?

Thanks,

I havent bothered with anything else mainly due to the fact that this is easy, not too expensive and had the best write up. Having said that, it doesnt work for everyone but i havent had any side effects yet! Might be early days though..3 weeks only :) Guess i'll find out very soon just how good or bad my egg situation really is as getting an AMH test done wed. FX and all that!

I think you have to go with what works for you, what you believe in and be willing to take the chances also, i guess. Some people arent keen on stuff doc's dont prescribe etc.

Good luck and all the best! :hugs:

I have been on DHEA for two months now. The worst side effect for me is acne... thankfully it's mostly along my hairline behind my ears where I can hide it, but ew! I'm not 14 anymore, I don't need zits, thanks.

They say it takes between 90-150 days to see the best results, so I'm gearing up for some awesomeness to take place!

Thanks hun, so far so good with me..have a little blemish in chin but nothing you could call a zit or otherwise. Only time will tell, though :)

I agree though...you'd think we wouldnt have to deal with that all over again, lol!

Good luck and :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->