anyone using progesterone suppositories?

ms.hope

mom of 2
Reaction score
As soon as my Dr. found out that I was pregnant she put me on prgesterone supositories--I think it is routine at the office and they do this with everyone.

Anyhow, what symptoms are u ladies having?

for me I have been feeling hungry, slight boob tenderness, tired and my tummy seems bloated which is weird because my LMP is october 18 and I am guessing I am only 3 weeks or less so I should not be showing but the tummu is poofy, I also have some gas and frequent usrination. Is the progesterone causing my bloat?:wacko:

Yes I am on it twice daily. First time I was on it was for the first 2 weeks after embryo transfer as I'm having an IVF pregnancy. Then nothing until week 6 when I began bleeding and I was put on progesterone twice daily.
Bloating and constipation is the worse for me ever since going on it. :-(

Hi, my doc put me on these since I got my BFP and I have to say other than alot of discharge they are causing no extra symptoms at all. I'll be ending them soon at and of 12 weeks and a bit nervous about not using them

I'm on it...200 mgs at night. I've been on it since the IUI. I can't really tell what sx's are from the Prometrium and what's from the pregnancy. :hugs: But the nurse told me that Prometrium is making my m/s a little worse.

Hi hun im taking 2 x 400mg a day since my bfp and i like you experienced terrible bloating straight away and my fertility expert said that is the main side affect as it basically makes the uterus favourable and acts like a safety net for the baby. x

I JUST got to stop taking progesterone (I was on Crinone). This is my first pregnancy and I've been on progesterone since 2dpo, so can't differentiate symptoms from pregnancy or drugs. But progesterone is the hormone that tells your body it's pregnant and causes so many of the symptoms, so I never knew which to blame. I was very bloated and while nauseous never vomited. I stopped taking it on Monday, and thought I would feel better but have vomited twice now! I thought at 10.5 weeks my concerns about MS puking would be over (since they had never started)! The discharge is gross, and got progressively worse for me. But if it's what we have to do to keep baby happy, it's no biggie!

I'm on it too, I take 600 mg a day....With my previous pregnancies I didn't take it. I would say the only things I've noticed are all typical pregnancy symptoms but I am guessing the symptoms are just made a bit stronger with it. Bloating as well as being sleepy are my strongest symptoms, I slept from 830 pm until 730am last night :) That's my favorite part lol I sleep like a rock! I'd say its well worth it though, in hopes of a healthy baby. :) Has anyone had their levels checked since starting the suppositories?

Hi Ladies,

I am also on progesterone suppositories - 200 mg x 2 a day.

I had Short Luteal Phase of 8 days so was put on progesterone to see if that helped me fall pregnant - and so lucky for me I fell straight away:happydance:

I stopped after at 10 dpo but started spotting so consultant put me back on the progesterone and stopped spotting straight away!

I now have to stay on it till 12 weeks and then my prescription stops..

Slightly worried what will happen when I stop - but hopefully everything will be okay!

As for symptons - suffering from really sore boobs and also very tired - Also have the bloating - so must be fairly common by the sounds of it!

um I just read online that the supositories can be put in the butt:wacko:

Hi hun i was on progesterone supps 400mg twice daily until 12 weeks, i had awful bloating with them, i was advised by a friend to try Rennie Deflatine and they worked a treat! Perfectly fine to take whilst pregnant and really helped out. The bloating does go once you stop taking them and then your real little baby bump appears!! xx

I had four pregnancies without and this is my second pregnancy with 400mg cyclogest daily. I can't say I noticed any difference in the bloating or breast tenderness :shrug:

As for putting them up the back, I thought it was yuck, too, but I do it now! Why? Because I pee so often at night and with the squeezing it was all coming out in the toilet so I had to keep replacing them. Also, there is no mess in your underwear, no creamy vag - the goo only comes out when you have a BM.

I had four pregnancies without and this is my second pregnancy with 400mg cyclogest daily. I can't say I noticed any difference in the bloating or breast tenderness :shrug:

As for putting them up the back, I thought it was yuck, too, but I do it now! Why? Because I pee so often at night and with the squeezing it was all coming out in the toilet so I had to keep replacing them. Also, there is no mess in your underwear, no creamy vag - the goo only comes out when you have a BM.

Same here everytime i used them vaginally the goo came out and irritated my cervix. I stop mine in a week or so and im worried x

I take 100 mg, 2x a day (one in the am and one in the pm)
I don't mind them and yes they do make you feel bloated and have period like symptoms
Either way, for quite a few weeks, you're going to feel bloated if you take or don't take progesterone suppositories

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->