Anyone VBAC or repeat section?

I will be going for a second c-section. First one was my own decision and I feel it will be safer this time as well. My DD was born with complications and I am scared something will happen this time again.

That's how I feel, someone on another thread was talking about valenateous incision and said I should insist on c section because of the huge risks if they miss it again. I just don't know, it could all be smooth with perfect delivery but something tells me section, I would love natural but every time I try to think about it someone tells me section. Which is guess is why I'm so confused, I'm not worried about pain of labour, in fact it's quite exciting in a weird way, much nicer than sitting waiting to be called for surgery, but I'm just uneasy. Perhaps time will help.

Not that I mean time will help you, you are clearly decided and happy, just wish I could have that comfort, knowing which decision to make.

With my first I went with mother instincts since everyone told me to go normal, but I just knew something would happen and I was right. I went into labour the night before my scheduled c-section and the morning of the operation the nursing staff told me just as well because DD would've been in stress soon and I would've had a emcs anyway then. This time I will do it out of safety sake from my previous experiences. I did consider vbac, but they are not keen on vbac around where I am.

Go with what your mother instincts tell you and not what everyone tell you. Go for vbac if you feel comfortable and if you doubt then c-section.

Xxx

Yeah I didn't feel any more or less bonded with any of my children in either type of birth, I did feel amazing like Celesse said after my natural, it was a flip I did it, and the adrenaline etc was amazing, didn't get that with the section but as for bonding it didn't affect it at all.

I really am not sure what I want, my downstairs was and is really messed up from my natural and although I wasn't in as much pain, both recoveries we not much different, I ripped my stitches open after my natural and I have a massive issue with stitches argh.

My natural also had more respiratory issues and my section babies didn't have any.

I KNOW it's not the norm, and I imagine this labour would be easier than my first as he was back to back, i would obviously prefer natural, my section was less than 2 years ago so I still remember the pain and popping pills to be functional, hubby will be back at work and I'll be doing the school run, ideally I'd prefer natural rather than recovering from major surgery, but I just don't know, I keep swaying both ways.

This is part of the reason I'm afraid of a VBAC. I kind of appreciate having an intact 'foof'. I had diallated the full 10cm so there was still some soreness DTD for awhile but it could have been worse. I remember SiL admitting DTD still hurt a lot over a year after my nephew was born. I like DTD way too much to make it hurt like that. :blush:

But if my OB wants to me to VBAC I'm willing to try.

Yeah I didn't feel any more or less bonded with any of my children in either type of birth, I did feel amazing like Celesse said after my natural, it was a flip I did it, and the adrenaline etc was amazing, didn't get that with the section but as for bonding it didn't affect it at all.

I really am not sure what I want, my downstairs was and is really messed up from my natural and although I wasn't in as much pain, both recoveries we not much different, I ripped my stitches open after my natural and I have a massive issue with stitches argh.

My natural also had more respiratory issues and my section babies didn't have any.

I KNOW it's not the norm, and I imagine this labour would be easier than my first as he was back to back, i would obviously prefer natural, my section was less than 2 years ago so I still remember the pain and popping pills to be functional, hubby will be back at work and I'll be doing the school run, ideally I'd prefer natural rather than recovering from major surgery, but I just don't know, I keep swaying both ways.

This is part of the reason I'm afraid of a VBAC. I kind of appreciate having an intact 'foof'. I had diallated the full 10cm so there was still some soreness DTD for awhile but it could have been worse. I remember SiL admitting DTD still hurt a lot over a year after my nephew was born. I like DTD way too much to make it hurt like that. :blush:

But if my OB wants to me to VBAC I'm willing to try.

Sex hurts for me, I have to be really in the mood and totally relaxed or else it's painful. I did have am epistomy which then ripped open so I think my healing is a bit worse than most, I'm not too bothere, it was made worse they would just have to fix me lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->