Anyone waiting 3+ cycles after m/c to TTC again?

PineappleRock

Reaction score
I've been lurking mostly, but it seems like the majority of the posts I have read were TTC almost right away after their miscarriage, or after the first AF after miscarriage. My OH and I are waiting until I've had at least 3 normal cycles before we TTC again, which was advised by my doctor. So we're looking around March or later. Anyone else waiting, and going to be trying around the same time? I finished 5 weeks of bleeding on 12/5 and I'm hoping to have my first AF before the end of December.

Well we waited 1 cycle to TTC...and unintentionally I've had 3 cycles...we've not been so good at the whole TTC adventure. I'd say it's safe after 1 cycle...I was told 3 but my OBGYN said that is very conservative and one cycle should be enough to get your lining back to normal and your period to be regular again. Good Luck.

Well we waited 1 cycle to TTC...and unintentionally I've had 3 cycles...we've not been so good at the whole TTC adventure. I'd say it's safe after 1 cycle...I was told 3 but my OBGYN said that is very conservative and one cycle should be enough to get your lining back to normal and your period to be regular again. Good Luck.

thanks. Good luck to you!

Our July due date was perfect since I am a teacher, and I'm in grad school. Waiting the whole 3 cycles puts us due no sooner than next December after I will be done with my masters.

I've been lurking mostly, but it seems like the majority of the posts I have read were TTC almost right away after their miscarriage, or after the first AF after miscarriage. My OH and I are waiting until I've had at least 3 normal cycles before we TTC again, which was advised by my doctor. So we're looking around March or later. Anyone else waiting, and going to be trying around the same time? I finished 5 weeks of bleeding on 12/5 and I'm hoping to have my first AF before the end of December.

I'm not going through this currently, but I wanted to chime in. With my miscarriage, I waited 3 cycles. My doctor said 2, but I was still having spotting and she said my lining may not have completely healed yet. So I went on to wait 3 cycles. That was 9 months ago, no luck yet for me.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Best wishes to you, I hope you get a BFP soon after you start trying again.

Im waiting a bit longer this time as well. Ive had 2 mmc this year. After a second trimester loss i waited one cycle and got pregnant again. I lost that one at 6w, so now im waiting mostly to make sure my thyroid can handle my next try. I have another tsh test in Jan and if its still normal were gonna try again. Good luck hun. Hope u get your bfp when your ready.

Im waiting longer this time too - July next year (after concerts / music festivals and a holiday) - were NTNP until then (am still tracking my cycles as I have pcos) - Im not getting any younger (over 35) but I need a break physically and emotionally and we need some us time just having fun and enjoying being together - we need to be ok if we dont end up with a family so were kind of focussing on us for a bit

good to see other gals waiting a while as well - was thinking I was the only one :)

hope you get your bfp asap when you feel ready x

I'm going to have waited over three cycles before we start trying. I had a mmc with a D&C performed in Sept. I waited for a natural cycle in Oct and then my gyno wanted me to be on birth control to "reset" my hormones for three cycles. We're actually going to be on birth control for four cycles all together due to a job change and waiting for insurance to kick in.

Heck if finances don't improve we may go longer. Part of me wants to start right after we finish the birth control though because some say that is a more fertile window. We were NTNP for around 9 months before I became pregnant. I'm terrified that it will take us a long time again. I'm not getting any younger (32 in August) and would like two children (ideally) before 35. Then again I'm terrified to try again.

In answer to your question though (sorry for my rambling) we may be NTNP in Feb/March

I just had a miscarriage, at 4 weeks 6 days... one of my doctors said that we could try now if we wanted just because I was so early on. I did not had a D&C done, my body has taken care of it on its own. Has anyone else been told its ok? Any experiences?

I think if it's a chemical pregnancy or a very early miscarriage and your body has responded well then there should be no problem trying right away. Many ladies have tried right away.

I'm still in the 1 cycle camp (waiting till after that 1st cycle to TTC) but it's definitely a personal decision that you have to make between you and your OH.

:dust:

We decided to start trying right away this cycle but after my mc in Jan we waited 4 cycles as it worked best with our wedding/ honeymoon etc...

Wishing you lots of luck x

I too had a miscarriage in October and we waited 1 cycle to try again. We have yet to concieve but I am hopeful and excited for the month to come:)

my ob told me to wait one cycle after my 2nd mc and I got pg the first cy I tried then I mcd again
after that blood work was run and when a prblem was dxd they told me to treat for 3 cycles BEFORE ttc again SO I will be ttc next cycle

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->