anyone waiting for gentic blood test results?

StranjeGirl

First time mommy!
Reaction score
I took my panorama test yesterday to test for down syndrome etc, and dr said it would be back in 10 days. I hate waiting! Anyone else waiting for results?

me! Mine is now at 12 days waiting for results (but the memorial day holiday throws it allll off!) argh.

I just got my results yesterday (5/28) and had the blood taken on Friday, 5/16. All looked great and I'm having another little girl!! :happydance:

Congrats anniecrock!!!!

Pirate, I hope yours come today!! Which test did you ladies take? I've heard panorama takes the longest.

I'm jumping in here to ask a question to you ladies - I'm doing the testing too - probably around 10 weeks (in three weeks). Mainly because I was adopted as a newborn and I don't know any family history. Did the test hurt at all? That's what I'm most worried about.

I'm jumping in here to ask a question to you ladies - I'm doing the testing too - probably around 10 weeks (in three weeks). Mainly because I was adopted as a newborn and I don't know any family history. Did the test hurt at all? That's what I'm most worried about.

It is just a normal blood draw from your arm and not invasive in anyway.

I'm so confused - maybe I am thinking about the wrong test? I thought they have to take something from the baby? Am I thinking about something different?

Do you know what your test is called? They can do a cvs at about 10 weeks which takes something from the baby. However, just recently they have started doing a blood test that gives you the same results with pretty much the same accuracy. The one I just did is called panorama. With the blood test it is a simple blood draw, so no risk of miscarriage. It sounds like a lot if money if insurance doesn't cover it(test can be thousands of dollars), but my Dr said that if your insurance doesn't cover it the lab will negotiate the price to $150. Definitely look into it if you are in fact scheduled for a cvs. The accuracy rate for panorama is over 99%. Unfortunately once and a while it comes back with no results and you have to retake it, but that isn't the norm, especially if you dint take it right at 9 weeks and you wait an additional week.

I'm so confused - maybe I am thinking about the wrong test? I thought they have to take something from the baby? Am I thinking about something different?

Maybe you are thinking about genetic counsyl test? That test also takes blood from you and tests the mother's DNA for possible carrier genes to known genetic disorders. If the mother turns out to be a carrier for any of the known disorders, they test the father as well to see what the chances are for the baby to inherit the genetic disorder.

As PP stated, they do CVS around the same time frame as the panorama is offered and CVS does take some stuff from baby. It is invasive as it needs to get to the baby for the sample. Panorama or any other non-invasive tests do not take anything from the fetus directly, the sample is harvested from the mother's blood.

Did any of you get yours back yet? I had the blood drawn 5/15 and still haven't heard back yet (as of 5/29). I had panarama.

Thanks StranjeGirl! I'm going to ask my OB about it!

I just got my blood drawn Tuesday for panorama! The paper states 7-10 calander days! I can't wait

I had the Harmony test done at 10w1d, and got the results back 11 days later, last Thursday. Low risk for all trisomies and we're having a girl.

Fetal DNA testing -- Harmony, Panorama, MaterniT21, and Verifi are screening "tests." However, they are much more accurate screenings than the standard first trimester screening. They are not diagnostic tests. CVS and amniocentesis are diagnostic tests. These are meant to actually diagnose a chromosomal abnormality or genetic condition.

Congrats lux!!!!!

Kepler- I just took mine a couple days ago, but Dr told me to call his office late next week because then the nurses will call the lab to see if they can get the info over the phone sooner. Not sure if your office will do the same?

If you are just having the simple harmony test - do they tell you the gender ? Or did you have additional test on top to find out you are having a girl ?

Thank you

I had the Harmony test done at 10w1d, and got the results back 11 days later, last Thursday. Low risk for all trisomies and we're having a girl.

Fetal DNA testing -- Harmony, Panorama, MaterniT21, and Verifi are screening "tests." However, they are much more accurate screenings than the standard first trimester screening. They are not diagnostic tests. CVS and amniocentesis are diagnostic tests. These are meant to actually diagnose a chromosomal abnormality or genetic condition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->