anyone want a ttc#1 buddy?

ticktock

mum to one boy
Reaction score
Hiya been on the site for awhile but still no ttc buddy :nope:

I'm on 3rd cycle trying for number 1. I'm 28 and been married for 3 years now!

Am on about cycle day 5 so just finishing af.

So anyone wanna be my mate lol :flower:

Hi, I'm 24 and my husband and I have been married for almost 2 years. I'm also on cycle 3 TTC #1, I think on day 8 (my AF's really long and cycles so far are unpredictable.) I tried to join with someone else, but I think she's already preggers. Want to buddy up? :)

yey lets be buddys :happydance:

this site is addictive lol

So have you just come off pill or are your cycles generally unpredictable?

I'm not a newbie to TTC, but I'm on a similar cycle day to you guys.

Can I join you? :flower:

I'm on cycle 22 overall, but cycle 11 of 'officially' trying again after the molar pregnancy :)

Still trying naturally at this stage, both 33 years old, been together 8 years :)

I'm hoping this is our lucky month for a bumper crop of BFP's! :) xx

Of course you're welcome dan-o :wave:

Are either of you trying anything in particular? opks, etc?

Hiya :)

Yeah I'm OPK-ing as always (cheapy ebay ones work fab for me!) and cant help but notice CM etc. Not bothering with temps this month tho x

How about you?

I don't temp, used to work shifts so didn't see the point lol

My cycles kinda vary 28-32 days so gotta a Clearblue fertility Monitor, its like a posh opk which is good bit expensive but I consider it an investment thats what I said to oh anyway

I also take evening primrose oil but I been taking that for yrs cos helps wit pms :wacko: and spots and just started taking Maca which is great, really helped my period pain but didn't help with spotting as I hoped so shall see what happens this month!

Hey girls
Room for one more?! I am ttc #1 and am new to site. This is my cycle 4 since coming off pill. AF came today (boo). Am still a bit irregular but around 26 days or less. My OH is 32 and I am 34 (toy boy!) This site is great to find as not really telling many people we are trying. All a very new experience this obsessing over 'symptoms'!

Hi everyone! It's nice to have buddies.
I went off the pill in February, but I was on seasonique, the one with only 4 periods a year, so I don't know if that may be affecting my cycles. Also, I had been on bc for 10 years, ever since I was diagnosed with endometriosis when I was 14. Before then, my cycles were roughly every month and a half.
Last cycle, I tried using clearblue easy digital opk, but since I was expecting a 45 day cycle like last time I tested late and completely missed my fertile period. (It ended up being only 38 days.) But no worries, my husband and I have been hitting it around every other day anyway. I don't think we'll try the opk again for a while and just do it naturally. I don't think the temperature method would do much good either as my sleeping patterns are irregular.
Nice to meet everyone!:happydance:

Hi, room for one more? I've been TTC for two months for # 1 and I'm on day 29 of my cycle. I have no idea how long it is, my last one was 40 days, but before I was on the pill, my cycle was maybe 28 - 32 (quite regular) with sometimes as short as 21 or longer than 32. I actually ovulated on day 7 of this cycle (testing and I felt it), so I should really be on my next cycle, but I tested negative for pregnancy and period nowhere to be seen? Guess, it's still my body adjusting to life without the hormones.

And about me the person, I'm 31 and he is 34, and we've been together for less than year and a half. So not very long, but he's the first guy I've imagined I could be married to. (Not married yet, though.)

Ticktock How is the clearblue monitor working for you? Did you use other opk before using that? I was thinking of getting one, but they are so expensive. The one that I used now seemed to work well, but clearblue seem to be the best one at least form what I hear.

Hiya everyone, ooooh lots of us now!

Yeh Spring the cbfm is good value for money, a bit expensive and the sticks are too but its easy to understand and I got mine off Amazon so quite abit cheaper. Its only cos my cycles vary by about 4/5 days so wanted to make sure I def knew when was oving. That said I can normally tell by ewcm and abit of ov pain but judging by cbfm I was few days out anyway! I'm a sucker for gadgets too :dohh:
But I did get a peak on my first month of using it so seems to work well for me.

I came off the pill about 18 months ago because after 10 yrs its still never agreed with me and it took well over a yr I reckon for it to stop influencing my body completely even tho ov straight away I did have some odd cycles some months with all kinds of weird symptoms! But now has settled down well enough now.

Can I be nosey and ask if anyone has weird periods or browny spotting before af arrives cos its something I continually worry about and not something I generally discuss with my mates!

It seems like everyone has had some issues getting their bodies to cooperate after the pill. Ticktock, lately my AF's been starting slow with light brown spotting. This last time I was secretly hoping it was implantation bleeding, but no such luck. I hear now that that's not as common as people think.

Hey Ticktock.
Mine did that a few months ago and I too secretly hoped it was implantation bleeding. I was having really uncomfortable pains for about 24 hours on alternate sides of my lower abdomen before I got AF - light brown at first before it came on proper the next day. Has anyone else had that? I thought maybe I was PG and it didn't take or something? I dunno - it's hard to say as every month my body does something different - so I suppose the pill has a lot to answer for!

its weird isn't it? Apparently its old blood coming out as you about to start af, I had it on the pill too, have always had it, so maybe its just me! But on the Maca this month it was abit better.

Ah would have been good if was implantation bleeding, aren't our bodies mean always tricking us lol

Yes - so mean! I think I'm just going to ignore mine from now on as I don't trust anything it does anymore :0)

OPK just about positive for me today :yipee: let the fun begin! ;) :sex::sex::sex:

I reckon it will be darker by tomorrow, which puts me right on track for a CD13 ovulation, my usual day! :)

Anyone else getting close to that fertile window yet? xx

yey for positive opks!

Nah I normally get my peaks on day 16/17 so got ages as only on day 8 today, wish I ov'd earlier! Do you have a decent length lp?

yey for positive opks!

Nah I normally get my peaks on day 16/17 so got ages as only on day 8 today, wish I ov'd earlier! Do you have a decent length lp?

It's OK, usually 11 days, so my cycles are quite short. I've tried everything to lengthen it, but nothing works. I guess it's just how I am :shrug:

How about you? x

I don't temp so going by my peaks on the cbfm its 12 days then 2 days of spotting so 14 day but spotting is basically my af coming so more like 12 lol bit of a pain really!

Have registered with new GP today in the hopes of having a decent doc just in case!

do you mind me asking what a molar pregnancy is?

do you mind me asking what a molar pregnancy is?

Hi hun, no not at all. There are two types, complete molar & partial molar.

Both are conceived like a normal pregnancy, you get a BFP & normal pregnancy symptoms. Sometimes you will get severe morning sickness or bleeding, but I had none of these.

In a complete mole, the mums DNA is somehow lost at the point of conception & in a partial mole, two sperm accidentally get into one egg.

With a partial mole (what I had) a non viable baby develops alongside a tumour & usually dies sometime in the first trimester (mine died about 10 weeks) with a complete mole, no baby develops & it’s an even more rapidly growing tumour.

Most people are unaware they are carrying a molar pregnancy until the 12 week scan.

The main problem with a molar pregnancy is the tumour; this can spread to other parts of the body very quickly & become malignant or cause damage. The tumour can be tracked with HCG blood tests, as it sends out pregnancy hormones just like a normal pregnancy would. The only difference is the numbers can be a lot higher.

Most people have a D&C which resolves the molar pregnancy within a few weeks. If the D&C doesn’t work & the HCG still rises, or it if the tumour has spread, chemotherapy treatment is needed as well, to kill off the tumour.
I had chemo, but I was lucky & the lower risk stuff worked first time for me :)

Usually a 6 month wait before TTC again is advised after suffering a molar pregnancy (so they can give you weekly blood tests & check the tumour isn’t growing back) which for most ladies is the worst aspect of having a molar!

The majority of people can still go on to have children after a molar :)

It’s quite rare, about 1500 a year in the UK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->