Anyone watch panorama?

I don't really feel sorry for them. Like when they moan about their house being their home etc. Its not their home. Its a house they're renting :shrug:
& boohoo if your kids have to walk up some stairs of a home that's given to you for free!

Idk it irks me. Especially when they choose not to work longterm. If it's a short term solution then its different obviously.

Not starting an argument or anything but I assume you don't rent? It's fair enough saying well you don't own property or whatever but in every sense it is their home. I rent and this is my home. To the landlords that is just an investment but to the tenant that's their life, the living room where their child took first steps? The.kitchen where they tried ice cream for the first time? If I were a landlord I'd rather a tenant who.saw my property as home as at least they would look after it
:flower:

I don't really feel sorry for them. Like when they moan about their house being their home etc. Its not their home. Its a house they're renting :shrug:
& boohoo if your kids have to walk up some stairs of a home that's given to you for free!

Idk it irks me. Especially when they choose not to work longterm. If it's a short term solution then its different obviously.

Why does it matter if they are just renting? It might not be their house but it certainly IS their home. :dohh:

Because if you renting it's not your home you don't own it you just live in it. Your not entitled to live there for ever.

Because if you renting it's not your home you don't own it you just live in it. Your not entitled to live there for ever.

You dont own it so of course its not your house. Doesnt mean its not your home.

Im renting and have been here for a couple of years and expect to be moving within the next year but until I do this house, although not my own property, IS my home.

I havent watched yet, i have a mixed view on benefits. There are certainly people who deserve it but there are people who do not. My alcoholic family member gets alot of benefits which he uses to get alcohol and ciggerettes which have led to bad health which means benefits to pay for care. He has had help with addiction which he refuses to take so benefits just ennable him to carry on killing himself as he apparently needs indipendence rather than just giving food stamps for exanple. I grew up in a family which struggled money wise so can see why benefits can be good. I had friends who refused to lower themselves to certain jobs and got judged as after uni i took a job waitressing as earning money was more important than going oh i have a degree i wont lower myself which is crap. The only irritation i have with staying in an area where family is etc as myself and a large percentage of friends i went to uni with cant afford to live neer family. My parents live in a place where prices have been driven up by people buying second homes to be on coast and in countryside, my dh's parents live on outskirts london and many of my friends came from london area. The people who moved back lived with parents. I understand there is a need for support network. Myself and dh dont have it as cant afford to live close to family. I think it does need to be remembered though alot of people with jobs cant afford to live neer family. I also know alot of people paying stupid amounts in train fares to pay for commute into london as cant afford to live closer.obviosly benefits are good as they allow people to get back on feet in times of difficulties. It should not be an excuse not to take a job as better off on benefits though

In the show they have to move because they can't afford rent. If someone can't afford pay their mortgage coz their circumstances changed then they as well would have to move.
There is even a benefit to help pay for your mortgage if your can't pay it too.

Sorry I should have explained more. They can't complain about being made to pay extra for spare rooms or being asked to move because they don't own the house so aren't entitled to it forever. Essentially youre borrowing someone elses house.

Which is why they can't complain about having to move. I know plenty of people who over stretched them selfs and bought really expensive houses they having to now due to loosing jobs. The benefit only covers interest only not ever one can change to that.
I've no problem with people living in rented house or claiming housing benifit if they trying to get work or to ill what I do have a problem with is people thinking they have a right to live in a massive house in London or else where payed for full by taxes we pay espically being a higher band tax payer. Council houses are a service when you don't need it any more either move somewhere smaller or pay the extra bedroom tax.
Some of these people lived in houses that a lot of working people couldn't dream of ever being able to afford.

In the show they have to move because they can't afford rent. If someone can't afford pay their mortgage coz their circumstances changed then they as well would have to move.
There is even a benefit to help pay for your mortgage if your can't pay it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->