Anyone watching 'A Very Dangerous Doctor' on channel 4?

ttc_lolly

Mum to 3 girls :)
Reaction score
Just watching it now...

It's about a doctor who has been involved in proving some mothers have Munchausen syndrome by proxy (MSBP) (intentionally hurting or in some cases, killing their children) and their kids have been taken off them, but now the mum's are banding together and saying the doctor is a liar, he's the want who was hurting the kids :wacko:

What are your thoughts? It's just shown a woman who was being recorded in a hospital room with her child (without her knowledge) as they suspected she was hurting her LO, and they caught her smacking the 2 year old in the mouth :nope: and she's sat here saying she never did harm her child :wacko:

That woman is smoking in the house with her little boy there!! xx

I saw the trailers for this but I thought it would be upsetting which it sounds like it is.

it's back on now!! it's really interesting!!

i do feel bad as i'm sure there are some parents who really were not harming their kids, but they are being accused of it and then are losing their kids :( but there are some that blatantly were :nope:

I saw this advertised, but I don't think I can watch it.
xx

I recorded it and watched it today. Very interesting! The doctor seemed totally elusive about things and it was clear in certain cases (like the boy with allergies) that the doctor was overstepping his bounds. I did not like the attitude of the doctor. He really creeped me out.

I'm still not sure who i think is lying and who is telling the truth a very disturbing programme!

I recorded it, I had to turn it off after that bit at the beginning showing the mothers in hospital smothering there children, seeing those poor children struggling really disturbed me :nope:

I might try and watch it again, as it is an interesting story, but think I might have to fast forward past that bit, I hope there isnt any other bits like that further on

Lylas mummy I also had to fast forward that bit, horrible :nope: Could anyone elaborate on that as I didnt really get it... How come they were all in a hospital being filmed and so many of them were filmed smothering their children as he predicted they would? Did they smother them to death or did someone intervene since they were being filmed?

People with Munchhausen's typically don't want to kill their children, just make them sick to get attention. While there are some parents that are sick enough to do this, most parents with chronically ill children do not have Munchhausen's. The doctor was trying to claim that all parents with chronically ill children have it and are intentionally making their children sick.

Lylas mummy I also had to fast forward that bit, horrible :nope: Could anyone elaborate on that as I didnt really get it... How come they were all in a hospital being filmed and so many of them were filmed smothering their children as he predicted they would? Did they smother them to death or did someone intervene since they were being filmed?

I think the bits shown on TV were reconstructions

I think the bits shown on TV were reconstructions

Ah that would make sense, I hope so. I found it odd there was footage of them doing that with nobody intervening

Thought I may add to this, as this is all very personal to me.
My mum was another accused by David Southall (the one on the programme)
I do believe some of the mothers who claim D.Southall made up lies about them, are in fact the ones lying, they've jumped on the bandwagon of those who have ACTUALLY been falsely accused. My mum was falsely accused of hurting my brother. Poppers from baby bouncers were made out to be cigarette burns, a nappy rash was apparently sexual abuse, and a case of epileptic fits, were apparently caused by my parents "drugging" my brother. Obviously, they were found not guilty by a judge and got my brother back home, but so many families haven't got their babies back. It also causes long term damage to family. About 3 months after having my brother taken away, my dad was drinking very heavily, and ended up drink driving, and dying. I blame this on David Southall and his bunch of twatish colleagues that think it's perfectly acceptable to lie to authorities and try to make out there is child abuse where this is not. If there was more effort going into finding real child abusers, such as the ones who killed Baby P, and less time spent on faking medical notes, and causing families nothing but heartache, the world would be a much nicer place to live.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->