Anyone watching panorama bbc 1?

babyjan

Mum&expecting#2
Reaction score
About the derby fire?

Such a sad story, how can anyone do this to their children??!! :cry:

I watched it, I don't live far from it all happening (I live in Derby just not Allenton) and saw them after the fire. There was no doubt in my mind they did it, before they were even suspects to everyone else. They're vile horrid human beings, especially him. He was sentenced before for attempting to kill an ex girlfriend when he stabbed her 13 times and her mother when she left him, which the jury weren't allowed to hear about. I'll never understand mothers who can put a man before their children, but to the extreme you'd agree to risk their lives to help him get his own way..That's not a mother that's a monster.

The 6 little angels can rest in peace now it's all over with and justice has been served. They'll never be forgotten.

I watched it, I don't live far from it all happening (I live in Derby just not Allenton) and saw them after the fire. There was no doubt in my mind they did it, before they were even suspects to everyone else. They're vile horrid human beings, especially him. He was sentenced before for attempting to kill an ex girlfriend when he stabbed her 13 times and her mother when she left him, which the jury weren't allowed to hear about. I'll never understand mothers who can put a man before their children, but to the extreme you'd agree to risk their lives to help him get his own way..That's not a mother that's a monster.

The 6 little angels can rest in peace now it's all over with and justice has been served. They'll never be forgotten.

Sick and disgusting that they'd put their children at risk and killed them just to frame his ex :nope:

Sick and disgusting that they'd put their children at risk and killed them just to frame his ex :nope:

I missed the bbc1 program but watched one on channel 5, absolutely horrified at what happened! How could you do it to your own kids? To anybody's kids for that matter but your own children?! What was that woman thinking going along with that? Disgusting!

I watched this, and the clips etc on the news. I couldn't believe the voice clips that were recorded in their hotel room! Absolutely vile human beings! They were tried at my local court in nottingham, they deserve to rot.

evil scum, they sacrificed their own children for greed. Its sentencing today, I keep checking the news to see what they get. They shouldn't get anything less then 6 life sentences each.

Can someone explain what actually happened? I know it was a fire but why did they start it? Was it for insurance money? :S feel so sorry for them poor children :(

Can someone explain what actually happened? I know it was a fire but why did they start it? Was it for insurance money? :S feel so sorry for them poor children :(

According to the show last night the guy was a control freak. He treated his wife, girlfriend and children as his 'things'. The girlfriend had enough and ran away with her 5 children (which were his as well). The day after the fire he was due in court as part of the custody battle as he wanted the 5 children back. It seems the plan was to arrive in court just having saved his other children from the fire so he could play the hero card. They say he was very concerned with coming across as a great father in public but that was not the case as far as he was concerned his children were his property and he could do what he wanted
The program is worth a watch it seems the police were onto them from almost the start. I am glad that they have been convicted, but its so sad that 6 innocent children lost their lives.

Oh wow, what a sick man! :( he sounds like he was planning that for a long long time then :( yeah I'll definitely try and watch it, as bad as it sounds it's interesting to see how people's minds work, but I agree it's disgusting that his children had to die because his 'plan' went wrong!

Oh wow, what a sick man! :( he sounds like he was planning that for a long long time then :( yeah I'll definitely try and watch it, as bad as it sounds it's interesting to see how people's minds work, but I agree it's disgusting that his children had to die because his 'plan' went wrong!

Yeah absolutely sickening, he claimed that his ex sent him death threats so he tried to make out that she started the fire, he wanted to look like a hero who saved his kids and apparently wanted a bigger council house as well.

Not only did his plans go terribly wrong but 6 innocent children lost their lives.

Why an earth would a mother carry out an act that involves putting her children lives at risk?! :(

The sentencing has been postponed apparently. X

Oh no, why's that?

Did anyone watch this morning and see the letter he sent to his friends?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ts-letter-jail-We-rape-celebrate-freedom.html

I watched it that letter just goes to show what his priorities were. I know for a fact that he was partying and doing karaoke and singing laughing and joking a few days after they died because a friend of mine was at it with Philpotts older son from a previous relationship, and I personally saw them in town literally a few days after the fire. Him topless laughing and joking and her sitting there smiling on her mobile phone..I had to look twice to see if it was actually them because I was in complete and utter disbelief. If I lost my kids I'd be in a hospital, sedated for my own protection because I would seriously be trying to join them, not doing what they were.

Did anyone what the ITV version of the documentary? If you didn't its worth a watch. The friends of theirs that were at the hospital with the eldest said they didn't even bother to go and see him, they were too busy talking to Moseley and having food fights, talking about what takeaways to get and complaining the hospital weren't providing them with food, just a room to sleep in. They didn't even want to go to the hospital with him!! The police had to force them to go because he still wanted to go to court.

The whole thing sickens me. I'm not sure why sentencing was postponed but anything but life isn't good enough.

He's also now being investigated for a rape allegation that came about before the fire arrests, but the police wanted to await the verdict from the fires before questioning him.

News are now reporting the sentences as followed

Mick Philpott has been jailed for life with a minimum term of 15 years
Mairead Philpott has been sentenced to 17 years in prison and will be required to serve half before being released on licence.
Paul Mosley has been sentenced to 17 years in prison

Those sentences are pitiful! :(

They killed 6 children for goodness sake. She'll be out by the time shes 40!

I agree, there should be no 'minimum term' life should mean just that..Life!

I do think its right he got a harsher sentence than the other 2, he was the main planner and the one who did it they went along with it, but I still think she should have got at least 20 years with no possibility of early release. She's still got enough of her life being released at 40 that its just not punishment enough.

Yeah I agree, 17 years is nothing!

They are saying that she'll have to live with the fact that she's a child killer and that's enough of a punishment.

Yeah I agree, 17 years is nothing!

They are saying that she'll have to live with the fact that she's a child killer and that's enough of a punishment.

I don't think any of them would care tbh.. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->